Advanced server - Grade 4 & 5

Any thoughts on making grade 4 the minimum level for advanced server access?

After seeing a few posts over on IFFG & my own exp I think it would be beneficial to the advanced sever to remove grade 3 pilots. From what I have seen most of them just don’t seem able to communicate effectively with ATC & get in the way of other pilots.

14 Likes

Feature request?

Nope. I wouldn’t call it a feature, more of a change & this point its just for getting the conversation going about this issue.

Ie landing smoke would be a feature…

3 Likes

Ok, got it!

1 Like

That´s why I think an ATC Tutorial for both pilots and ATCs should be implemented in the game, for Ground, Tower, Departure, Center and Approach.

4 Likes

Well, for pilots?

Well, look how many people are actually grade 4 or 5, very few (in my experience). The Advanced Server would be empty for the most part. Maybe wait till a majority of people are grade 4 or 5?

4 Likes

For both. Changed the comment above.

2 Likes

I don’t think a tutorial is needed as such, pilots just need to take the time to research ATC protocol. When IF live came out I knew nothing about ATC but I took the time to learn and have never had an issue communicating with ATC. Adv server pilots anyway

1 Like

That is why we need Grade 3 pilots.

11 Likes

I was going to say the same thing. :)

No, we must keep it for Grade 3. The IFATC team would have almost nobody to control with.

5 Likes

People may be anxious to just get into Advanced, because they think they have enough skill to get in there solely based on their XP ammount.

1 Like
  • Grade 3 should be minimum
  • Grade 4 should be minimum

0 voters

1 Like

I agree with Devon, quality over quantity

2 Likes

Remember that not many people will bother to search for the Taxiing at Towered/Approaching at Towered Airports, and that one was quite basic.
A tutorial with each command explained in the game (for both ATC and Pilot). It would work like this:

Phase 1:
Pushback, taxi and takeoff.

Phase 2:
In the air.

Phase 3:
Approach, landing and parking.

1 Like

I feel like Grade 3 should be the minimum. Not to start arguments here but I believe that some of us (such as myself) don’t have all the time to play on IF for grade 4. Then again, a lot of grade 3’s are very good! But of course there’s always the people who fool around.

11 Likes

I can understand that side of the “argument” - Only takes a few idiots on grade 3 to ruin it for the rest :p

3 Likes

I think it would help more if the XP component of Grade 3 was raised up to 25000 whilst Grade 1 was limited to FF server. Combined with the ATC tutorials as mentioned above this would help a lot to give people the right experience levels to fly on Advanced server.

1 Like

Why would you need to raise the XP ammount if the tutorials would give people the necessary experience to get Level 3?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes