Addressing tonight.

Tonight I have been left incredibly happy, yet frustrated.

You will have seen the pics. 20 aircraft on final within 20 miles.

We are on the expert server. This means you keep it real. those people on final we not flying as a flight of xx. Therefore, they should have kept it real. You needed to have separated yourselves out, much more than that. It was embarrassing. When IFATC at EDDL came online, his app crashed from all the people on short final. Not that he has a chance at decent separation.

However, I cannot put full blame on pilots in this occasion.

I had appealed for ATC yesterday, and reiterated that today. I got nothing. Before the event me and @Carson were pleading for someone to open. Thankfully, IFATC Ash (sry don’t know forum) opened for us. It was difficult for him, but everyone got away fine. Again, me and @Carson pleased for approach and tower, but none came. By the time tower did arrive, the mess was too bad.

Unfortunately some people gave the sense that they didn’t wish to control, because this event was on. We had 50 people on advanced. More people then any other region 10 minutes before the actual start. Yet all we got the whole night, was 2 controllers most Saturday nights we get 5 airports open. @Nick_Catalano and Ash, thank you so much, I can understand the difficulty.

Had we had more ATC, that mess would not have existed.

Going forward, I hope to regroup, and when next week competition starts, we can get into the true spirit of the IFO.

We will not he having an IFO event on the Expert server again.

Thank you to IFPM, @Wren_Jago, @Adrien, all the spectators, all the teams and specifically
@Carson for a great night other than this.

// Ewan

27 Likes

Toldja casual would have been better. :-p

In any case, I was flying in that region, chose not to get in that mess once I saw just how much bunching there was.

I agree. I was taking photos while people were landing at EDDL and I heard numerous go arounds and people landing with people still on the runway. It was sad that no one could do Approach. Would have made it 10 times cooler.

3 Likes

I totally agreeed. I tried to follow expert rules but by the time I was there at the airport I was frustrated and annoyed by what I saw what was happening. I am personally apologizing for what I did. It would have been crazy to do a go around at EDDL because you would have been circling for at least a 10 minutes because of the inbound aircraft. Again I apologize for anything that I had done wrong and for any issues I might have caused anybody. Hopefully for the events, we can see more professionalism and some atc too.

I have a couple points:

1. You guys did a great job organising can’t wait for more.

2. I never had any problem with any team members. It was the spectators that were causing issues for me issues for me. I had a 777 cut 0.5nm in front of me while on finalI(I went around) But also as we were around 50nm away we saw the bunching up around carson and we started to slow to give them the chance to spread out, but the spectators behind did not slow so we had to let them past causing more issues(I was at 130kts for most of final for spacing)

3)I think a TFR would of helped warn others not to land until all the teams had landed.

4)I saw a 747 cross the runway in front of Iceblue on landing.

1 Like

But if that’s what you have to do, you must do it, without fail. Any time you feel that the required spacing distance between aircraft is being violated, declare a go-around - even if it takes you another 30 minutes for a second approach.

1 Like

Ur right, and I should I have done and I apologize for that. Just seeing what was going down on the sever just blinded me

1 Like

I’m so happy about this lol. I CAN JOIN!!! Other than that though…

Yeahhh. Appalled. I’ve seen them. For that to be on the expert server is unacceptable. I was just on TS1, and there was better spacing at KNUC!

1 Like

Maybe if EHAM tower made spacing between departures at the beginning that could’ve helped

There were multiple issues that didn’t allow the event to go as planned. No atc and pilots not following proper procedures were all a part of this. I hope that we can work as a community in order to work out the issues in order to make the IFO go like they are supposed to go

1 Like

By the way guys, I don’t want/need any blame pointing or a post-mortem. We move on from this.

5 Likes

IF IFATC had done their job and showed up this would have been ten times better

Op said to stop the blame game.

3 Likes

Sorry I’m tired it was still fun though

1 Like

When the world needed them most, they vanished…

That moment when the cops show up at the end of the movie after all the crime has happened. 😭

6 Likes

What part of stop wasn’t clear?

It’s just a joke. But c’mon. After everything is over? Lmao

1 Like

Chill it was a pretty funny joke

Then join IFATC yourself.

1 Like

Yes, you can. When ATC are not present on the expert server, pilots are still expected to follow the rules and act like experts. Mods can come watch and ghost even even they aren’t controlling. Be warned.

[quote=“IceBlue, post:1, topic:77108”]
I had appealed for ATC yesterday, and reiterated that today. I got nothing.

Unfortunately some people gave the sense that they didn’t wish to control, because this event was on. We had 50 people on advanced. More people then any other region 10 minutes before the actual start. Yet all we got the whole night, was 2 controllers most Saturday nights we get 5 airports open. [/quote]

That sucks. It’s interesting you seem to know exactly how many atc control every hour of the day. If you can send me the data you have that would be really cool to see on a plot.
Not really sure how you know this since i haven’t seen you control in a long time yet somehow still remain in ifatc.

Doubt it. There would have been more ghosts for sure.

Please do not feel like you are entitled to atc coverage on expert server for any event. We do not even have full coverage for official events like fnf. As a call to all complainants, if you wish to have more ATC available at your event, please give some of your time to control as well.

7 Likes