Addition of a ‘FLIP’ button to the Flight Plan Section

What is the idea?

The idea is to have a button along with the current three buttons: clear flight plan, remove a waypoint, and the act. leg button. The button would be named something along the lines of ‘flip’ and it’s purpose would be to take all of the waypoints from your flight plan and effectively flip it for you.

For example:

Before ‘flip’ button is pressed:

EHAM TERLA LNO GESLO GOPAS LIMGO SUTAL GTQ PHALO STR LUPEN DENEL MOPAN NATOR TITIX TRA RESIA ELTAR LIPE

Once ‘flip’ button has been pressed:

LIPE ELTAR RESIA TRA TITIX NATOR MOPAN DENEL LUPEN STR PHALO GTQ SUTAL LIMGO GOPAS GESLO LNO TERLA EHAM

So, why would it be useful?

I for one have recently been exploring a plethora of routes flown by KLM CityHopper (Regional/Short Haul flights). On most of these routes I tend to fly back to my origin after returning at my destination. Having this option would make it much easier and simple to start your return leg - avoiding the hassle of finding the new return leg flight plan online/making it yourself.

What it could look like:

Note: I have searched and not found any other topics similar to this. Please tell me if you find any duplicates.

Great idea. Back this all the way Carrots 4 Luke. Great addition

3 Likes

This would be great. I often do origin-destination-origin and its annoying having to:

Go back into SimBrief
File the return leg
Copy it to FPLtoIF.com
Paste into IF

It would save 10 minutes! So much time!

You have my vote as soon as I find one to free up.

2 Likes

@BennyBoy @John_Ryan1
Thanks for your opinions guys. - and the votes!

Agreed, it would be so much easier.

This is amazing as when I do short routes I tend to make a return flight back to where I started got my vote

1 Like

It would be pretty unrealistic. It is verry uncommon that you would use the same route in reverse even when the weather allows this you would have different routes for SID and STAR. Most times even the cruise part is divergent.
When you plan for going back, why didn‘t you plan ahead in simbrief? You can past the first plan in IF, switch to Simbrief and copy the second one, and go to IF flighing the first. When you stoped after the first rout you just can past the second one and go.

4 Likes

You wouldn’t need to do any of this though if this feature was added. People don’t have to use it if they think it is unrealistic - those people can just go over onto simbrief and fetch a new flight plan like yourself. This feature is just for those who would like an easier way to gather a flight plan within the simulator and let’s them have the option to reuse one they have just used.

2 Likes

This would be very useful! You have my vote.

1 Like

It would also be appropriate to have the opportunity to reset the flight time after each flight

This would be great! Can’t tell you how many times I’ve wanted to do a return route with the same fpl, but had to make a new one. Or heaven forbid you try to manually flip the fpl LOL that just gets whacky

1 Like

Great idea, realistic or not, in anyway very efficient to have this feature!!

1 Like

Bumping this - it’s just such a good idea for a small thing!

1 Like

I have an idea about this kind of feature, making able to enter a fix and made it immediately after a specific waypoint instead of pressing up every time until the right place

1 Like

I have priorities but i would like to see this feature in the game. After my priorities have been applied, i would vote for this :)

1 Like