Addis Adaba landing

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on making landings at airports such as Addis Adaba (which i believe is around 7,000ft ASL).

This is something i believed would be rather straight forward but the height of the airport always throws me, what tips can you offer?

JS

1 Like

Don’t think this belongs in the support category…

1 Like

Apologies, i wasnt sure where else it would belong as i guess i am asking for support from the community??

I think the best piece of advice I can give you is to use your ILS.

1 Like

I’ve tried that but I’ll keep on practising i guess

1 Like

Moved to General, this is not a Live specific post.

I suggest you look at our tutorials and take a look at how to intercept localizers and glideslopes :)
In this case, just intercept around 9500 feet.

3 Likes

I suggest you fly over the airport, see the landscapes, refuel your check your AGL altitude then prep for landing from there.

1 Like

All I can suggest is to search up and use a real world approach chart, it will tell you where and at what altitude/speed you should be inbound.

Thanks for the advice :)

1 Like

Try and intercept the ILS around 9000 :), then fly it like you would any other approach

2 Likes

Ensure that the interface bar at the bottom of your screen has AGL activated. Intercept the localiser and glide slope at about 2500-3000 ft AGL. Then have a nice landing 😊

Ditto what everyone has said, plus another minor thing to think about is you airplane load and subsequent landing speed. As the airfield is higher up, your aircraft will be travelling faster so just watch your ground speed - and of course having a lighter aircraft will help with this. :)

P.S. It’s Addis Ababa

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.