Adding VORs to flight plan

I don’t know if anyone else has had a similar issue. I haven’t been able to find a post that has addressed mine. When I file a flight plan, I look on Flight Aware for real-world routes. Some of the real-world routes include VORs. In IF, it shows VORs all over the map, along with the fixes. But the VORs that I’m looking for don’t seem to be on the map. When I try searching for the VORs, the game is able to locate them, but it won’t let me click on them; it shows them when I search for it, and when I try to click on it, it disappears. I was doing a flight from KMIA to KJFK and this was the flight plan from Flight Aware: HEDLY2 HEDLY TIRCO Q87 LCAPE RDU J52 RIC HCM SAWED J121 SIE CAMRN4
I had this issue with finding the “RDU”, “RIC”, and “HCM” VORs. Normally I just skip those VORs and just continue with the rest of the flight plan, but it would be nice to have those VORs, especially when they’re the majority of the plan. Any thoughts as to why this is?

1 Like

Harcum, Richmond and Raleigh Durham VORs are actually VORTACs. TACANs, VORTACs and DMEs are indeed loaded onto the simulator (due to some being needed for certain procedures)… But they aren’t rendered properly on the map at this time. To find a VORTAC, TACAN, or DME on the map, you can search for it in the search bar by typing “RDU VOR” (or likewise)

Read about a VORTAC:

For one of the next updates, the infinite Flight Team will work on rendering TACANs, VORTACs and DMEs efficiently on the map!

Hope you’re enjoying the update! :)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.