Gibraltar International Airport, Gibraltar

Toncontin International Airport, Tegucigalpa, Honduras

Madeira Airport, Portugal

Barra Airport, Scotland

Jiuzhai Huanglong Airport, China

Yes! We. Need These.

Here’s some commentary regarding each region:

Lukla Airport:

This would be a terrific airport. Cessna 208 could definitely make it out of there with significant weight penalties but it’s still feasible in the game. If someday more STOL aircraft are added, this could be an amazing place to land (Cough cough Nature Air de Havilland DHC-6-300 Twin Air). I have a feeling though that the less experienced pilots would fudge the landings so in live, if there could be a minimum XP/Standing rate applied to this airport, it would be great (Especially since pilots need a special license to land there).

Paro Airport:

This would be a good airport, BUT, it is rather isolated from the rest of the larger airports of the region. I suppose you could squeeze in a couple foreign airports but could the region reach to Chittagong (Hope I spelled this right-Sorry if I spelled it wrong) or Dhaka? Too far? Calcutta pushing it even more?

Gibraltar Airport:

Since this is a Western European airport, I could definitely see this happening. Possibly in a Madrid or Casablanca region? Many people would LOVE this airport if ATC had control over the road passing through the center of the runway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Toncontin Airport:

I suppose so. Not sure what region it would fit in because it Honduras is at the edge of what I’d expect a large Cancún region or San José region would be (And San José could be part of a Panama City region perhaps!). This airport may never be added for a loooong time considering that people would probably not purchase a Belize City region or some region based out of Honduras/El Salvador and the other surrounding countries.

Madeira Airport:

If a Lisbon/Porto map is ever added or if a possible Madrid map is added and is large, this airport would likely be added. Not sure how they’re going to put the poles in to hold up the runway but is definitely a possibility.

Barra Airport:

If it is indeed in Scotland then looking forward to a Glasgow/Northern Great Britain map.

Huanglong Airport:

I guess so. No clue where in China the airport is but it looks like it’s in Siberia. If the airport is near Lukla, then maybe they could get two birds with one stone? If not, then I wouldn’t count on seeing this airport come to fruition on IF for a long time.

That’s all I have to say folks.

Long live the DC-9!

We already have many challenging airports in IF, but they are just not known :)
Ex. 7A8 in Charlotte
59CA in San. Fran.
L35 in So.Cali.

And many more!

Try flying at KASE. Very challenging due to terrain.

Try “Big Bear” in SoCal…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Lol i just realsied how old this topic is oops

Interesting ideas.