Add low (victor) & high altitude airways

Hi,

It would bolster realism if low (victor) and high altitude airways were added to the map view in IF.

This would be a layer that could turned on /off so you could choose whether or not you want to see all the airways in a given area.

I understand it would be a big undertaking to update the navigation database with airways throughout the world but I firmly believe it would increase realism and teach people about navigation. Furthermore, it’s another tool ATC can use to vector people.

Cool idea, this could lead people to be more knowledgeable in navigating through airways.

And also don’t forget to vote for own request to show that you stand in support behind it 😊

4 Likes

I would like to see this in IF. It would make it better!

1 Like

Awesome idea, we already had airways and a terrain map but they removed it with global. This feature you’re requesting could be a part of an overhaul for the autopilot/map system in IF. The autopilot could finally be equipped with VNAV and the map would display airways and airspaces.

3 Likes

Is this being planned on being brought back to IF? I remember we used to have it back in the day.

1 Like

MaxSez: You betcha @B6TWUFA, Great Bump… I’m wearing my “I Voted” Pasty
MaxSends

They had this feature before global, I don’t know why they removed it.

Great Idea! I will definitely try and clear a vote for this one!