Add greetings prefixes to ATC

Forgive me but that’s not exactly the issue here; although I do agree with you!

1 Like

Well I’m opposed to anything that would increase either the number or the length of ATC messages until there is a fix for the delay (eg. by adding a speed option to tts)

1 Like

Forgive me again, but we’re now speaking of matters not of IF’s own making. The onboard TTS found both in iOS and Android are accessed through an Apple/Google produced API. That is most likely the bottleneck. I fail to see what difference length or number of ATC messages being generated by IF would make given that the legwork of converting text to speech is done on device by completely inaccessible processes.

1 Like

The bottle neck is messages coming in faster than they can be spoken. Making a message longer makes this worse. It is possible to change how fast tts speaks but IF doesn’t provide that option.

1 Like

I don’t see that being a problem. We endured Victor Echo Romeo Yankee - Lima Oscar November Golf alphanumeric custom callsigns for years, until they were removed last year. I think two words added to a command or one standalone “Good morning” command wouldn’t be the end of the world.

2 Likes

Awesome idea! Voted!

Haha I absolutely love this idea! Unfortunately I’m out of votes. Hopefully IF adds it in the next update

Good morning Oakland tower, ZS-MAT requesting pushback with information Bravo

1 Like

Cool, but avoid demanding pushback to tower, even politely!!! 😉

Thanks for considering adding a vote in any case! Much appreciated!

Precisely; we’re only talking about adding a few words to the very first message on frequency!!

We’re literally talking about two words per pilot. Perhaps four/six if the ‘thank you, (good day)’ were also implemented in the same way - which I also think is rather a glaring oversight

1 Like

YESSS!!! this would be so so awesome to have - it would be more accurate too, as it’s how it is in real life

i.e. “Heathrow tower a very good morning to you; Speedbird 2775 stand 72, Airbus 320, requesting push and start and clearance to Paris Charles De Gaulle”

I would love to see this feature in the game anddd it would be really easy for the developers to implement into it too! :)

That would be a nice touch too actually, not sure if that would be possible but I guess it is.

1 Like

LOL that would be amazing. wakey wakey sunshine your circling my airport. LAND ASAP lol

Well part of it was to try and standardise the format, otherwise it doesn’t really fit in with existing ATC chatter, so the ‘very good’ thing wouldn’t quite work, I fear

It could be a different randomly generated remark each time. e.g. “good morning”, “hello”, “hello there”, “a very good morning”, “a very good morning to you”, although that would get very complicated - complicated to develop anyway.

That’s just asking for app crashes :p

2 Likes

I’m out of votes right now but I’m sure going to vote for this one anytime soon! Great idea!

1 Like

Great idea!!! But sry I am out of vimotes

1 Like

Not to worry :) I appreciate the consideration!