ACARS for Virtual Airlines
What is ACARS?ACARS is an acronym for Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System. In the real world, this system transmits information between aircraft and ground stations by satellite or towers.
What could the system be capable of?Well, if implemented to Infinite Flight. The system would have the potential to do many things relating to aircraft tracking. The list is endless but some of the most important things would be:
- track all flight events with a detailed flight log;
- able to monitor flight and aircraft parameters; (ie landing rate, fuel used, overspeed, lights used, loads)
- ability to integrate with Virtual Airline and log Pilot Reports automatically;
- the ability to also use the ACARS application individually without being a member of a Virtual Airline;
- the ability to communicate with other pilots from your own Virtual Airline and other Virtual Airlines;
How can I get involved?I've had a couple of discussions with LiveFlight developer and creator @Cameron and if this feature has support from the Virtual Airline Community and the Infinite Flight Community this application may have a future. You can get involved by voting for this thread!
Share your thoughts or any other important details I *may* have missed
Not to be confused with LiveFlight