AC-130 Gun Camera View

I was thinking about this after seeing a post about a C-130 ramp view. The whole idea is that the AC-130 gunship would have an extra camera view, which would be on the port side and through a gunsight or something similar. Think like in the Modern Warfare games (the picture is from one of those games, so credit to them).image

19 Likes

No use, it’s not like your gonna fire missles anyways.

10 Likes

Only if we can use it to take down other planes.

28 Likes

Do real AC-130s have them?

1 Like

MW Remastered LOL

4 Likes

Have some sort of targeting viewfinder? Of course, I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

3 Likes

Sorry to nitpick, but of course I wouldn’t fire missiles, since AC-130s don’t have them 😂. I’m all seriousness, the reasoning for this is just to make it that much more immersive. If you don’t like it, don’t use it.

4 Likes

All fighters have a hub, but I’ve never seen one with a camera on the gun.

1 Like

What are benefits on having this ‘Gun Camera View’?

1 Like

Well, you have another way to look out of the aircraft’s interior. As an AC-130, I just feel that it’d be neat to have a “gunship” feel to it.

1 Like

Would love to shoot down Ryanair & spirit planes.

3 Likes

I think you might wanna have a look at this:
https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/do-not-use-filler/26435
EDIT: We can still see what the post was like before you edited it :)

1 Like

Well look at the C17.

1 Like

okay thanks for telling me

2 Likes

The C-17 isn’t a gunship though…

2 Likes

There both about the same,

Do you think every feature is there? No.

This is a little thing that will probably will not be used… This feature can be added when the game is near finished.

2 Likes

The c-130 does have that camera view on it, the pilot lines the crosshairs and keeps the plane circling above and the gunner and one other person I believe does the looking and firing. Would love to see this camera view on there

1 Like

I need this on the AC-130 to pretend I’m firing a howitzer at trolls on the Training Server.

4 Likes

Clearly me and you think alike 😂 We need this!

3 Likes

Would like that but I’m out o’ likes

1 Like