Our vision has become true. Construction of the new terminal, estimated at more than Dh10 billion (approx $2.9 billion), would boost Abu Dhabi’s aviation sector to meet a spike in demand and help diversify its economy.
The building work is now 95 per cent complete. The midfield terminal will expect to open this August, 2019 and will start operation at the end of 2019.
• 742,000 square metres
• Can handle a capacity of 84 million passengers annually
• Capacity to handle 11,000 passengers per hour
• 19,200 pieces of luggage per hour
• 35,000 square metres of Duty Free shopping, dining, and entertainment
• Over 15,000 workers involved in the construction
■ Etihad Airways (ETD) HUB will be placed into the new midfield terminal, we will look forward to see you all soon inbound into our new terminal.