About Virtual Airlines

Virtual Airlines are a big part of a flight simulator experience and this is obviously something that we want to officially support in Infinite Flight Live down the road.

That being said, since they are not currently supported, any fight over who owns what on these forums will be flagged and can ultimately result in a ban.

Help us build a great community and keep the discussion on these forums focused and respectful. As always, when in doubt, refer to our guidelines before posting.

11 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

I don’t think there has been any trouble with the Virtual Airlines so far. Wouldn’t want it to end like one of the older forums we’ve used.

2 Likes

I got into an argument over me owning the UPS VA. I think you should be able to make multiple of the same airline if you think you can make it better.

I know, I am gonna be careful!

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

Join IFFG-VA on Facebook

1 Like

I own a VA but on instagram and I will not being it here as I have seen what can happen if it goes wrong I don’t want this forum go down like the last one

2 Likes

Just Join IFFG VA there’s many available airlines to claim

Thank you, @philippe. As I had to cancel my VA over an ownership argument, I know it can become a problem.

I’ve followed several threads on virtual airlines on this and the old forums, and I’m still yet to find a clear & concise overview of exactly how they work. Apart from the ownership squabbles, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of content on why you should join & what the benefits are? e.g.

What exactly do you do
How are VAs organised/run
How are you rated/scored/rewarded?
What else do you gain or learn?
Etc.

I think there’s a lot of users like me who would really like to understand what VA is all about & how it would work with IF.

Cheers

1 Like

1 Like

We can simply allow only 1 VA owned per account. This is obviously something that we have to figure out and this is where we will need feedback. As usual, this is going to be an iterative process.

1 Like

Personally if the VA’s ended up like clans on Clash of Clans, for example, I believe it would ruin the effect of a Virtual Airline. Having purchased a website and got it set up for a Virtual Airline, that would all go to waste

I’ve sent you a PM about something that would help this ;) @philippe

1 Like