About VA support in Infinite Flight

About phpVMS integration, I believe it is IF or the ACARS that is attached to to that should be integrated into phpVMS, instead of it being integrated into IF. Think of phpVMS being a totally independent software that has it’s own API and features

Custom liveries are a luxury right now, and I think that the developers probably want to focus on the simulator itself, not the aesthetics that go with it. As they said above, more of an idea on user flow and how it would be used/what is needed. Another idea for IF is a repaint kit where VAs can create their own custom livery, and then circulate it amongst their pilots, who are then able to upload the repaint potentially into IF for their own personal use

2 Likes

Possibly in-flight communication between VA pilots mid-flight? (Communication like in Minecraft PE) Currently many VAs use Slack to communicate, but mid-flight? Ehhh... We look away from our device and of course, go off course of our flight. So in-flight communication would be something good for the future. But in order for this to work, so only VA members can do this, members can authenticate that they are part of the VA in order to access in-flight messaging. :)
Another thing, when an IF group gets created (like IFES), it would be good to have that in *Airlines* like IFFG (and I believe IFWP?). Because it can get annoying hearing this:

Indina Foxtrot Echo Sierra 297

Much better to hear this :)

I-F-E-S 297

2 Likes

Understood.

• Custom Liveries
  • Pilot Ranking
  • Pilot Tracking
  • VA Ranking
  • Custom Callsign (airlines list: custom…)
  • ACARS (flight Tracking, added auto in VA IF database

0 voters

Sorry If something missed

Make one that u can choose only 3 options…

1 Like
  1. Category
    Firstly it should be a separate category at the main menu. Example Online Flying, ATC, Virtual Airlines. Inside this category is the following info:

2. Names & Schedules
    The probably should be a sub-list inside the category, listing all the active Virtual Airlines. Once you tap/click on that virtual airline it should take you to a Shedules page on the app. On this page the Sheduled flights by that airline should be listed.

3. Aircraft, callsign & time system.
    So once you have selected your schedule, I think it should select and enable that callsign on to your current.

Following this is the aircraft enabling and being automatically selected ready to fly. All that has to be done after selected the schedule now is going back and choosing Fling Online or Flying Solo. Which your flight will be waiting. (PS. There should be a cancel button if accidentally select the wrong schedule)

Finally I think there should be a timing system for flights. When pilots perform there flight there should be a timing utility that tallies the time at the end. This could go towards airlines who run a ranking system. That time lets them upgrade.

3 Likes

Add in a schedule system.

Polls are useless at this point. I want to engage into a discussion and see where ppl’s mind is going when they think about VA in IF.

So far @Skylines has the most pertinent and well formatted comment here; you guys should follow his example :)

@Skylines, you mention being able to choose between Flying Online or Flying Solo; is there an interest in having VA in solo? I believe that VA in Live adds a sense of realism and would be more challenging.

7 Likes

Well, I know that some VAs like TravelSky have a “Book-A-Flight”, so here’s something for that, somewhat following @Skylines example, if you don’t mind:

Book A Flight: Under the Virtual Airlines section that @Skylines has mentioned, pilots and controllers should have option looking like this:

• Fly Solo
  • Fly Online
  • Air Traffic Control
  • Virtual Airlines:
    1). Join A Virtual Airline
    2). Login into A Virtual Airline (Members only).
    3). Manage A Virtual Airline (CEOs only).
    4). Book A Flight:

4a). Book A Flight on (Insert Virtual Airline here).
4b). Book A Flight on (Insert Virtual Airline here).
4c). Book A Flight on (Insert Virtual Airline here).

• Select Flight

And so on and so on.
Then the Virtual Airline can have their passenger form here for the passenger to fill out, then their off!

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

3 Likes

With regards to the necessity for Level 4 grade to be upheld by management, I think this would be unfair and potentially a way to make people/force them into buying live. As long as the management are responsible and know what they’re doing, I can’t see why management would be required to have this grade

3 Likes

No problem. I was just thinking to make this poll to help you seeing what is the most important for us.

Discussions is the Best way i agree.
So, scheduling thing looks great.

1 Like

Im in Grade 3 so i think i manage great VA :)

1 Like

I did understand your previous post, and I understand why you would see such a step as a sensible one, however I’m referring to the fact that this would then mean people who just want to run a VA for a bit of fun or don’t want to be upheld by strict standards then are forced not only to pay for live, but then to fly quite a bit to maintain their Level 4 standard. Personally I haven’t bought live for a while, don’t use it enough for the amount of money it costs. Also, being a CEO is quite involved, you will find that you don’t often have time to fly 😉

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

I totally agree with that, perhaps a form of ID should be required or IP restrictions be made to stop multiple applications from the same IP in a period of time