About to reach grade 3

I am like you. Was upgraded to grade 4 and ended up with some violations which brought my grade down. I am currently playing it safe. I think its more about what you fly as much as where you fly. Dont fly in a plane you have not had time to get used to. Use casual or ts1 till you get used to it. Its same for airports. Some are more difficult than others. Same again. Casual or TS1 till you feel confident.

1 Like

How about just not doing things that will risk a penalty

1 Like

I am used to a Boeing 747-400 and doing KONT to KLAX I know the route by heart I don’t need a waypoint I make straight in for runway 25L and I am just reaching 40,000 XP but my violations are good.

If you fly in unknown territory and attempt to land or fly a plane you are not used to the risk of getting penalty is very high. Once you have the experience you will substantially lower your risk.

2 Likes

Up to 5 minutes?? I’ve waited 30 before now.

2 Likes

You should really start using waypoints because you never know when the runway is going to become inactive, too windy or (this is likely to happen, I’m not talking runways on this one) when there is really low visibilty… 😄

2 Likes

on expert I often make sure I fly where there is NO ATC! reason being that it can too crowded and becomes unrealistic, or even if it is a big airport and region then if there may not be enough ATC to man it and make it a fully effective system. When global comes as everyone will spread out more this will help make everyone’s life a bit easier!

I would recommend making a flight plan before you push back on a flight, especially on Expert, as this will help your flying experience fun as well as help out your fellow pilot and ATC. They will stop asking you for your intentions as they can see it by checking out your filed plan!

1 Like

That’s why I like expert server. SoCal isn’t the only active region (unlike TS1 90% of the time). Each day there’s a new region, sometimes twice each day!

4 Likes

I normally fly where the majority of people are flying, example- if 50 people are in the Hawaiian region, that’s where I will fly :)

1 Like

I control in whatever region is active. :)

1 Like

Tips:

1. Make a flight plan!!!
  2. Listen to ATC
  3. Don’t interfere with other players
  4. Don’t leave your device in flight
  5. Use common sense
  6. Don’t act like an idiot

Follow these rules and you will have a good experience.

4 Likes

I will only leave my iPad if the cruising time is longer than 20 minutes an example would be preparing for global flight ;)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.