About the VA currently not have making | Thread 2020

You just proved my point.

1 Like

It does not.

While AFKLM VA has some code shares with some of the SkyTeam partners, some of the said partners may not actually exist as VAs yet.

AFKLM VA has it route database, reflecting the real life network.
But it doesn’t mean all the associated airlines exist as VAs in IF.

1 Like

Right, but KLM fully owns Transavia. It’s a bit like how QVG won’t allow anyone else to make a Jetstar VA.

1 Like

@IFFR_Captain_Baba, could you please make this a wiki so us regulars can edit it? Or can you not do that as a TL2 member?

1 Like

Sorry, I misunderstood.
I thought you were saying Cathay Pacific was part of the Air France KLM Group.
But indeed, since the goal of VAs is to try to reflect reality as much as possible, it wouldn’t make much sense to have Transavia as a separated VA.
Air France and KLM actually were 2 separated VAs a few years back until they merged - which I believe happened in 2017.

1 Like

Haha, no problem, I did indeed feel like you had missed out on something.

Speaking of that, I proposed a proposal about a possible Transavia Virtual division to Omar that I could maybe “lead” or something a while back now, didn’t go to well…

1 Like

Closing this for a few reasons…

• It’s (near) impossible to list every airline out there that hasn’t been made into a VA. There are many smaller airlines that could become VAs that aren’t on this list.
  • These master list-style posts are notoriously hard to update, and despite the best of intentions frequently fall behind and lead to an outdated list being shared.

If you’d like to start a VA/VO, please consult the IFVARB database and ensure the VA is not listed.

4 Likes