This is a sub-category of #real-world-aviation, its purpose is to have a place to show aircraft that members have photographed in the real-world, either from a recent trip or a plane spotting experience.
Anyone can post in this category.
As well as our Guide to the Community, the following rules apply within this category when posting:
- Only create one topic per spotting session, aircraft or event
- Give as much detail about the shots as possible. This can be background information of the aircraft or location, or any other related material such as camera type and set up
- Only post pictures you took yourself as the main body of the topic (if you are giving contextual background to the topic by using photos that are not your own, they must be public/non-copyright and include a link to the original source)
- Do not post requests for spotting topics or specific photos of aircraft
- No more than 10 pictures per topic
- Links to your own social media channels for spotting are permitted but theWe allow for topics to have links and promotions to social media channels for spotting. Please make sure these are your own and that this is not the main focus of the topic.
We ask that the quality of the photos posted are of an adequate standard. There is not a set requirement for this, however, there are a few things that we recommend taking into consideration:
- How much of the aircraft can you see?
- Can you see the registration?
- How pixelated is your photo if you zoom?
- Is there any way to add to the post to enhance the topic if your photos are not the best quality?
Below are some great examples of spotting topics you may want to take inspiration from before posting: