The purpose of this category is to have a place for users to request new features to be added in-app, and for other users to vote on these to indicate if they would like to see this feature.
Note: Votes are a great way to show your support for features you want to see in-app, however a high vote count alone does not indicate that the feature will be added as there may be other constraints that prevent this
Forum related feature requests must be posted in the #meta category instead
Only TL2 members and above can post in this category. Voting is open to everyone.
As well as our Guide to the Community, the following rules apply within this category when posting:
- Media used must be public/non-copyright and include a link to the original source
- Do not add more than 1 feature in a feature request (e.g. if requesting a particular aircraft, only 1 variant can be added and a new post is required for another variant)
- Do not make more than 2 feature requests per day
- Only use 1 image per post
- It must include at least one of the below tags
- Don’t forget to vote for your own feature!
Aircraft Livery Requests
- Only current and permanent liveries for a specific airline may be requested, or if the airline is no longer flying, the permanent livery when it ceased operations (alliance liveries such as Oneworld and Star Alliance are also permitted)
- Feature requests may not be created for temporary or special liveries (such as for events or raising awareness). Avoiding these often complex designs (e.g. AeroMexico “Quetzalcóatl” on the B787-9) will ensure that our primary focus is on representing as many airlines as possible in-app
- “Retro” liveries are only permitted for a specific airline that have discontinued that aircraft type (e.g. British Airways “Landor” livery for the DC-10 etc.). “Retro” liveries on current aircraft within an airline (e.g. to celebrate its history) are considered special liveries and therefore not permitted
Temporary or special liveries may be added periodically, however these will be selected internally by Infinite Flight
3D Airport/Object Requests
- 3D airport/object requests are currently not allowed (including airports, ATC facilities, buildings and objects etc.)
It is Infinite Flight’s mission to add all airports, with a continued effort to diversify airport objects and introduce custom towers (based on airport usage data)
The following tags can be used in this category:
|#aircraft||Used for a feature request related to a specific aircraft type|
|#atc-request||Used for a feature request related to ATC|
|#livery||Used for a feature request related to a specific aircraft livery|
|#misc||Used for any feature request that does not fall into one of the other categories|
|#user-interface||Used for a feature request related to the User Interface|
|#weather||Used for a feature request related to the weather|
When will my feature be added?
We are never able to provide estimates on when (if ever) a particular feature will be added, here are some of the reasons for this:
- Multiple factors are taken into account before a new feature is added (this includes business reasons, real data/analytics, forum votes, and social media temperature/trends)
- There may be technical limitations that prevent your feature being added
- We are “community-driven” but the final decision will always rest with our staff team
- There may also be occasions where we have to remove liveries or features due to technical/non-technical reasons