Use the category to announce, promote and discuss all your Infinite Flight events.
- Topic titles must include start location and time of the event in the following format:
Event Title @ ICAO - DDHHMMZMONYY
- Event Title: The title of your event. Keep it short and original!
ICAO: The 4-letter airport code the event’s significant location. (e.g. KDEN)
- This can either be your starting location or your fly-in/arrival location.
- DD: Day of the month (e.g. 18th of June = 18)
- HHMM: Time of your event in Zulu time (e.g. 1pm CST (UTC -6) = 1900)
- Z: Simply the letter ‘Z’ to indicate the time is in Zulu time
- MON: 3-letter abbreviation for the month of your event (e.g. January = JAN)
- YY: Last 2 digits of the year of your event (e.g. 2015 = 15)
EDIT: The ICAO space does not need to be an ICAO. Most events usually have a common departing or arriving airport. In that case, go ahead and use that common airport’s ICAO. However, some events (such as FNF or TT) tend to use entire regions instead of specific airports. In that case, it would be appropriate to use that event’s region name instead of a specific airport. For example:
Friday Night Flight - Airbus vs Boeing @ London - 041830ZMAR16
Time in the title must always be in Zulu time. You are free to include times for the popular timezones in the content of your post. (Click here to convert to and from Zulu time). Remember that event’s will be converted to any user’s local timezone when they see the event displayed on Infinite Flight’s home menu!
New event topics have a template that should be followed as closely as possible in order to be displayed correctly in-app.
Once the event ends, please edit your topic title and add “[Closed]” to the front of the title:
Blue Angels @ KSFO - 030900ZAUG15
[Closed] Blue Angels @ KSFO - 030900ZAUG15
Remember to post your best event screenshots in the comments of event’s original topic!