About the AP autopilot

Device:
Operating system:
Hi! I’m new of the IF who has the gaming history of warthunder and DCS World. I would like to ask the question of how to set the standard autopilot altitude, SPD, and VS. I’ve searched out how to navigating by the LNAV and the VNAV. Waiting for your reply!

Welcome to the Community!

Take a look at this section of the User Guide:

I highly recommend reading through the entire guide as there is a lot of stuff in there.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! This article helps me a lot!

3 Likes

No problem! Any other questions - feel free to send me a message :)

1 Like

You press and hold, then slide up or down depending on the speed/altitude/vs. the more you drag up, the more that is added to the value.

1. Autopilot Activation:

• In War Thunder, autopilot is typically activated using the “I” key by default. Ensure that your aircraft supports autopilot functionality.

2. Altitude Hold:

• Once autopilot is engaged, it should automatically maintain the current altitude. If there are specific altitude settings, they might be controlled by the mouse or keyboard shortcuts.

3. Speed Control:

• Autopilot in War Thunder may not have a dedicated speed control system. You might need to manually control your throttle to maintain a desired speed.

4. Vertical Speed (VS):

• Similar to speed, VS control might not be explicitly available in all aircraft. You may need to manually adjust your pitch to climb or descend.

DCS World:

1. Autopilot Activation:

• Autopilot engagement varies among aircraft in DCS World. Generally, there’s a specific autopilot button or a combination of keybinds. Check the aircraft’s manual for details.

2. Altitude Hold:

• DCS World often has an altitude hold mode. You can set the desired altitude using the altitude hold switch or autopilot panel.

3. Speed Control:

• DCS aircraft usually have an autopilot function to hold a specific speed. Check the aircraft’s manual for details on how to set and control this.

4. Vertical Speed (VS):

• Some DCS aircraft have autopilot features that allow you to set a vertical speed. Look for specific controls in the aircraft’s documentation.

LNAV and VNAV:

Lateral Navigation (LNAV) and Vertical Navigation (VNAV) features are more common in advanced flight simulation platforms and specific add-on aircraft. As of my last update in January 2022, War Thunder and DCS World might not have fully modeled LNAV and VNAV systems in all aircraft.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.