About in-game navigational fixes

So I’m easily able to search for, locate, and add fixes that go by ‘normal’ letter names, but not for number ones. Here’s an example of what I mean:

KJFK 4142N/7213W PUT EBONY ALLRY 5100N/5000W 5300N/4000W 5400N/3000W 5400N/2000W RESNO NETKI LIFFY BAKOX BAVUD DONAX MALUD VOLFI 5306N/231W NUGRA TOBID SOPIT 5151N/058W BNN 5129N/010W EGLL

this was generated by simbrief.com (NY-London) and converted to infinite flight format with IFconvertor. I can search for the EBONY, ALLRY, LIFFY, etc…, on my own thru the search function. But i can’t get to the number coordinates like 5100N/5000W 5300N/4000W 5400N/3000W, etc…, by searching for them. In fact, if I didnt copy-paste this flightplan directly from the website into infinite flight, I wouldn’t be able to locate number coordinates like 5100N/5000W at all. And even though I can find them when I pasted it, when I click on the ‘number’ fix, nothing pops up.

so my question is: why don’t “number” fixes show up when trying to find them in game by manually searching, and why do they only seem to exist when pasting a pre-designed route from IFconvertor?

1 Like

For fixes like 5100N/5000W, you would actually find the waypoint 5150N or whatever it is.

The waypoints 4142N/7213W and 5129N/010W are TOC and TOD. They shouldn’t even be part of the FPL. I have no idea why fpltoif doesn’t delete those.

Actually, most of the time those are missing waypoints that fpltoif thinks doesn’t exist, however, the navigation database in fpltoif is not up-to-date, and shouldn’t be relied on very much.

@Captain_Oblivious to answer your question, take the flight plan you made, and paste the whole thing into the search bar and press ok. It will work the magic for you.

It seems I misunderstood, those points can’t be found, because if they were in game, they would be in every single coordinate in IF, which is too much for the game/simulator. They do that so that the game can function properly.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.