About FNF,very disappointed.

I hate to say it but it is completely a mess, planes landing from all directions, A388, B747, people that just the tower goes offline do what he wants … very disappointed …

11 Likes

Advanced or playground?

Yeah, it’s not really the controllers fault in my opinion, its all the people taking jets and not listing to commands.

2 Likes

Unfortunately not too many read the post or recognized an event was in progress. We’ll definitely find ways to inform the masses and keep it less restrictive until theres a better way to communicate with users not on the forum or IFFG. It’s near impossible to keep everyone flowing when you have tons of props doing the right thing with a few 380’s, 747’s, and others in the mix. Thanks, Marcello! :)

13 Likes

People might be doing their own flights and ATC can leave when he wants if he gets stressed I say you have tooooo high expectations

2 Likes

Really until there’s a way to forbid specific aircraft from joining events, this will be unavoidable. It’s impossible to get everybody on the same page on servers that are open to anybody with the grade requirements to join. Can’t expect everybody to read or follow instructions etc. Just try your best and hope for the best.

7 Likes

You can ghost them if you limit the FNF events to Playground and Advanced.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

I think ghosting is a very bad idea in those circumstances. They won’t know why they were ghosted, and then I get flooded with complaints.
What we really need (broken record I know, sorry) is a dedicated event server with specific preset event parameters established. That way only the allowed aircraft, region, airports etc related to the event can be used on that server.

10 Likes

It was the red circle indicating the event , I heard more than once the tower, which warned that they were too heavy, then you see around you all however the prop,maybe the solution is a event server.

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve always said. Which is always easier said than done of course. :) I’m sure they’ll figure out something. It’ll get better.

2 Likes

I was controlling at KSFO Tower on Advanced.

I cannot believe how people would not follow instructions that I was giving and people had no patience.

It was a shame that people did not bother to read the NOTAM and did not get the hint ‘aircraft to large’ - people who got the message ‘Not accepting inbounds’ and still came in - why did you still come to the airport???

I was operating with NO approach - I was having to do 2 jobs at once without the ability of the approach commands and messages.

Please be understanding in events and any busy period when there is no approach and the Tower controller has to do all the work.

Asking for a transition at this distance is not necessary at all - just clogs up the frequency

To build a picture of how hectic it was…

I was trying my best… It was chaos!

Please be helpful, and when there is no approach, vector yourself away from other aircraft and if needs be, do a 360 yourself… When there is NO APPROACH and its obvious the tower controller is struggling with the influx of messages

Thanks

10 Likes

Why don’t they use the FNF server again? Seems like if that was in place you could just ghost anyone not following guidelines

2 Likes

this is why we did not ghost those not in the right aircraft…

and I did end up ghosting a few, but I could have done so many more.

1 Like

If you are flying in formation, please use the ‘Flight of 2’ suffix on your callsign - makes it easier for the controllers

2 Likes

Hmmmm… Am I the only one getting deja vu from this?.. Oh yeah, lol how could we forget! Is the Advanced Sever becoming the second Playground Server?

1 Like

Adding something like “people using other aircraft than the 737 will be ghosted”, there wouldn´t be any valid complaints then.

not a problem

the controlling was not up to standards I was pleased with… but I did my best

3 Likes