About buying a brand new monster (Android) smartphone to run Infinite Flight the best way possible.

Hello community;

I’m here after watching plenty of Youtube videos about how Infinite Flight smooth, clean and fast is going on some specific Android devices (like Samsung S8, S9; Xiaomi Redmi series, Lg G and V series…)

I’m about to choose to buy a OnePlus 6 device, which is the last 1+ model, equipped with Snapdragon 845, Adreno 630 and tons of Ram, 8 Gb!
Just to make sure this models will run EVERYTHING at the best performance, could you please confirm this model is actually one of the best buy now (except iOS devices, of course) to run this specific simulation app like “butter”?

I’ve also saw another forum here which was talkin about all the devices supported. But, you know, OnePlus 6 is starting his official carrer tomorrow! So it would be nice to have also an opinion from this forum.

If you think i’ve bounced a topic about this specific request, feel free to close him whenever you want.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello!

Yes, the OnePlus 6 should be able to run IF without any problems. The OnePlus 5T doesn’t have any problems with IF, so the OnePlus 6 shouldn’t have any problems too.

OnePlus is one of the best manufacturer for Android devices when it comes to performance.

5 Likes

My friend @Kirito_77 would say Pixel 2

4 Likes

The Google Pixel 2 (XL) uses the Snapdragon 835, not the SD 845. And yes, stock Android is very fast, but OnePlus uses OxygenOS, which is close to stock Android. It depends on what you prefer.

If you any questions, feel free to PM me! :)

2 Likes

Heya dude,
I’ve been dragged here by a certain @Q-ENAN, in terms of a monster android phone, let me give you a couple of options.

For medium-ish pricing, I would straight up recommend the OnePlus 6, or the razer phone (this may be older but is an absolute powerhouse).

On a higher spec, The Pixel 2 XL (this is what I use), or either the Samsung s9.

If you’d like a more detailed evaluation on each, just let me know 😁

5 Likes

So for example, the razer phone sacrificed wireless charging, has a smaller screen and a headphone port. In return, it has Qualcomm fast charging, a 120hz refresh rate on a 1440p AMOLED screen, the best speakers in a smartphone, awesome cooling and a very powerful GPU.
As I said, I can provide a full spec breakdown of you’d like ;)

1 Like

He means 1440p, not 1080p. :P

I have used OnePlus phones in the past and they run like butter. Without a doubt, it is the fastest Android™ phone out right now.

2 Likes

Well… No, that’s not correct.

OnePlus phones are extremely powerful, and are amazing when it comes to multitasking what with them having such a large amount of RAM, however all devices still fall short to the Pixel 2 😜

4 Likes

I don’t use phones for this lol, I’m too old and blind lol. I use an ASUS Zpad 10 but have to set everything to medium and no anti glazing and only one 3rd party app and I have IF “game boosted” with another app. I have all settings for performance. It’s just enough for the new CRJ 700. I know there’s another topic thread about it but if money wasn’t an object, I’m wondering what gets you the minimum (probably mine) to the best. Do iPads run it better?

This is the one area where I will back apple, iPads indeed are amazing for IF, but the older ones are beginning to struggle. Personally, I’d have a Google Pixel C tablet if they were easier to get hold of. In terms of low end, I’ve got my 2012 4th gen kindle fire running IF at the maximum possible settings. Does that count?

2 Likes

I have a OnePlus 2 and it runs on medium with some lag haha. It should be either the processor or the GPU, because it had 4 GB RAM!
I’d say that the 5t, 6 or the Samsung Galaxy S8-9 are perfect. Another option could be the Huawei mate 10 pro, it is extremely powerful, it has another OS but similar to Android and it is huge, so it is more comfortable. It has 6 GB RAM and the processor and GPU are one of the latest in coming out.

1 Like

I use the htc 10 with snap 820 and 4 gb of ram and it works like butter even though there is some lag due to traffic and internet connection… i’m actually thinking to switch my IF to ios due to overheat in my android phones… i dont know if it would be a great idea, any advice?

Your phone/tablet will get warm, no matter if you have an iOS device or an Android device. The S8 and the S9 (for example) don’t get very hot, they just get a bit warmer than usual (same “problem” with the iPhone X). If heat is so important for you, then get the Razer Phone. It has one of the best cooling systems out there and some tests showed that it doesn’t get as hot as other phones.

1 Like

I know it will heat up but usually when i plugged it in and turn all the graphics down usually it will cool down because my room is very cold… but after the update it get warm…

iPad user casually slides into conversation

2 Likes

@TheCoolPilot

Probably not the best discussion to join. There’s some reliable heavy hitting Android extraordinaires here that I rely on when helping others in support ;)

6 Likes

I personally use my iPad for IF but i have played IF on my S8 for quite some time and really love how well it performs. So i would then highly suggest the S9/S9+ or why not go the S8/S8+, it’ll be cheaper now with the same screen resolution but the internals differ slightly when comparing to the S9+ which has 6BG RAM.

Want more info on the Samsung Specs…? Here you go :)

Other than those devices i would also recommend checking out these ;)

1. OnePlus 5T
  2. Google Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL
  3. Huawei P20 Pro
  4. Samsung Galaxy Note 8
  5. Huawei Mate 10 Pro
  6. LG V30
1 Like

Don’t. TRIGGER. Me.

Can I also say, the Pixel 2 and 2XL are both monsters when it comes to cooling. My personal assesment has found my phone to never exceed 40°C, which when under load is an exceptional figure.

In terms of figures, you’ll all look at RAM, or the screen size. Whilst a lot of RAM is good, IF at most requires 1GB at any one time (I have 2GB on reserve for IF exclusively). When looking for a good smartphone, CPU and GPU should always be your priorities.

Snapdragon 835/ 845s and an Adreno 540 up are the most powerful devices on sale today. These have amazing multitasking capabilities, 1440p displays and high RAM. Examples include the Pixel 2xl, S9, OnePlus 6, Razer Phone and the new Xperia XZ2.

Anything running a Snapdragon 800/ 820, coupled with at least an Adreno 520 is a high end device more than capable of running IF. These devices are usually quad core due to the older processor but are still some pretty beefy phones. My Xperia Z5 is a testament to this.

Snapdragon 600 series are more mid level devices that will run IF comfortably on medium. Examples include current Motorola Devices and a few LG phones.

Snapdragon 400 phones are at the bottom of the spectrum. These are the budget phones that run IF on low. Perfect for everyday use but not up to a gaming standard.

I’ve only listed Snapdragon chips as I happen to be incredibly familiar with them. As to a lot of other chips, without looking at their GIPS and Basemark I wouldn’t be able to give an accurate assessment.

2 Likes

This is awesome news dude,
I haven’t had the opportunity to review the OnePlus 6 yet, however you seem to enjoy it and I’m happy to have been able to help you with your device selection.
Happy returns!

1 Like