(ABNORMAL PHYSICS) A350 Abnormal Stall Speed?

I have tested the stall performances of the A350 in one of the replays I have provided. Results? Stall speed at 102 knots airspeed, with flaps 0 and at 18,000 feet.

Here’s a second test, and the ground speed was 90%+ accurate:

Third test was done at takeoff and at the opposite ground speed to strengthen GS accuracy:

Device: Oppo Reno 5
Operating system: Android 13
Payload: 169,909 kilograms (below MLW/MTOW) 1 & 2ND TEST - FULL MTOW IN 3RD TEST.

3 Likes

What was your VS when ascending?

1 Like

He wasn’t ascending. OP was levelled and tested the stall speeds of the A350 in different weight configurations.

I also noticed that the physics were different for the A350. It didn’t feel right during takeoff, I can’t really explain why

Also the acceleration is a bit sluggish than before

2 Likes

👍 alright thanks

1 Like

pushed em to the limit.

1 Like

i do the 2nd and third with taking off, still looks pretty much the same

Well… the A350 is a slow flyer IRL. Flaps Full at the lowest provided VLS (for Airbus, VLS = VRef in Conf. F) is about 120kts. The stall speed for an Airbus can roughly be estimated if you take the formula to calculate Vapp (VS1G * 1.23) and plug in the numbers you have. Assuming VApp is about… I dunno, VRef + 5-10, you’re looking at stall speeds in the 90kt range.

Also remember that this plane is from a while back, so it’s not entirely unlikely that corner cases of the plane’s physics may not be 100% to real life. But then again, not even the best simulators are 100%. With what we have and the publicly available information from Airbus, the A350 is more or less in line with what it should be like IRL.

4 Likes

It can be depending on the weight.
Plus A359 is a CAT C aircraft, 140 knots on MLW

It can be flaps 0, but considering that I need to ask Airbus more data for their lift coefficient.

I really don’t see at all how this is abnormal…

I do this at 18000 feet with flaps 0. Usually A350 will stall even at that low payload configs at 150 knots or so. The more the air density, the higher the stall speed will be.

Remarks: A350 lift coefficient is unknown.

Well it’s a cat C but the stall speed on the test that I did is 100 on flaps 0. Now if I don’t have the intent to approach and the air density at that altitude were that high the stall speed on the A350 would have been 180-185 knots depending on the lift coefficient with flaps 0.

Aircraft starts descending at 120-125 knots with flaps 0.

Plus as per a simulator tests the plane starts to descend at 180 knots, 30 knots below VA, at relatively high speed at 220 knots.

It should be on VAPP with flaps 4 and little to no payload. What I’m asking is the stall speeds at flaps 0 and at high air density and weight configs.

Here is the result: 80 knots stalling with flaps full. Payload 184,640 kg.

your speed must not below 130 knots if it is then aircraft will stall or do not disengage the aircraft from autopilot at higher altitude it will stall the aircraft.

Again I’m talking about physics here… 80 knots with flaps full? No idea that the air density was lighter than what was to be IRL.

Stall speed on MTOW is 135 knots with flaps full and MTOW to the limit (344,321 kg). Actually, it should have been around 180-190 knots with that config.

Hi, you are asking about the stall speed in terms of IAS?:

18,000 feet, nor any other actual altitude or density altitude reference has any bearing on the stall speed given in terms of IAS (but you might run out of runway if the GS resulting from altitude or wind gets too high).

GS doesn’t factor into what the stall speed will be in terms of IAS: GS during stall or during the appropriate IAS rotation speed will be variable, and result from the influence of both winds and density altitude.

You can be high or low in altitude, hot or cold, with a tail wind or head wind, but the important question is: what is your IAS?, which relates to dynamic pressure that goes into making lift.

I don’t know where the stall warning indicator should be going off exactly (I tested it on this and another aircraft just now), but it doesn’t appear to impact landing performance (I landed well at 140kt you mentioned at MLW).

102 IAS with flaps 0. Minimum VA should have been 180-200.