Ability to Lock screen/controls

Lock Screen

Hello IFC, I present you an idea. Have you ever left your flight and accidentally touched your screen and disengaged the autopilot or move an important control? Well vote for this feature!

Credit to @anon41771314 for the photos:

Why do we need this?

Many reasons, some being to prevent unwanted movements or a family member (like a sibling for example) messing around with the screen

Example?

Netflix has a feature like this that locks the screen while watching a movie or show.

Credit to @anon41771314 for the photos:

Thank you or reading! I ran out of votes

I got moderator permission to post

1 Like

Oh. Nevermind then. 👍🏻

I’m gonna edit the post rn to add some detail on the Netflix part

1 Like

Here’s some photos you can use for the thread if you want.

2 Likes

Oh okay thanks I’ll put credit to you in the post

1 Like

It’s not a bad idea as it can limit the amount of violation reports we see occurring. You have my support but I won’t be voting as I basically lock up my room with 50 locks so my brother doesn’t get close to my iPad or me.

7 Likes

That’s what I do to to make sure my little brother doesn’t start messing around with it

thanks for making this!

1 Like

Good to know i’m not the only one.

3 Likes

I don’t have a brother so I can’t really relate…lol

Cool request you have my vote

1 Like

My brother knows not to touch it or he knows he’ll get hurt. 😈

In all seriousness though it’s again not a bad idea but I’m not sure what will happen if one clicks a notification by accident and comes back. Screen locks usually lock the whole application in whole.

3 Likes

I thought we got rid of a need for stuff like this when they moved the autopilot

1 Like

Still happens to me

1 Like

Trust me. Cats and kids adapt and learn quicker than you think.

This might just stop my cat Skyla from messing up something when hungry. I remember a time she stepped on my iPad during an approach, and my plane went YEET. Luckily I did recover though. She somehow knows that when I’m flying, I’m paying attention to the plane and not her. Heheh.

2 Likes

Isn’t it just instinct to click every GUI you see tho…

Great idea btw you got my vote

1 Like

Not for me lmao

1 Like

This would be neat to have! Lucky for me my Note 8 comes with a built in screen lock feature.

2 Likes

Yes, pretty sure all Samsung already have this automatic or not screen lock and light dim.