Ability to leave runway skid marks / tire marks on the runway after landing

Ability to leave runway skid marks on the runway after landing

Hello IFC, one of the many features that would be cool in IF is if we were able to leave skid marks in the runway. In the real world this happens when a plane breaks on the runway. In IF we do have skid marks on the runway but we can’t edit that and I was thinking “How cool would it be if we could do this?”

Q and A I have thought if:

Q: “What happens if it starts to affect our landings if we take longer to stop?”
A: IFAE can clean the runways and / or runways auto clean every month.

Q: “Would the marks cause friction and make it longer for us to stop?”
A: It all depends, if this gets to the development stage then the developers could choose that.

Q: How much force would be required to make a tire mark?
A: It all depends, if this gets to the development stage then the developers could choose that.

Thank you for viewing my feature request!

Luke_King-kong's #features requests

We definitely need this, got my vote

1 Like

Nice to see that two people do like the idea

I really like the variable friction part of your feature… altogether great request. Got my vote.

Sounds like a great idea and would love to see this in future updates. Got my vote!

Thank you @SkyLineHeavy & @Ben_McCarthy!

1 Like

If anyone is wondering this would ether be only on the Expert Server or it would change from server to server. Also it would be cool for solo too. But if this does become a thing I don’t think that would happen…

Like the real world this could make it harder to break the aircraft and slow it down. So the runway would need to be cleaned every so often.

Like this idea! I’m thinking of service trucks cleaning the runways.

This is an awesome idea!

But oh geez, it sure is gonna be hard on the software to remember all these skid marks. I think this concept would only be feasible once project METAL arrives ;)

Project metal 😏

1 Like