I think pilots rely heavily on the maps within infinite flight. It’s great to be aware of aircraft near you so you can avoid collisions, however imagine a more challenging situation for a pilot where you must:
- Spawn at the airport you want.
- Use the map to file a flight plan choosing waypoints to your destination.
- Once this is done, you activate your flight plan
- From the moment your flight plan is activated you are no longer able to view any maps (i.e you must rely solely on your flight plan using your Headings, bearing, ground speeds etc to reach your destination
- You will literally have to obey ATC approach, departure, Center for help if you need it.
- Landing aids, airport names become invisible (i.e having no visual reference of your location)
I think this would be a cool feature for those looking for an extra challenge to their flying. It could also have the added benefit of people listening to approach commands and following instructions more as they wont be able to just fly anywhere they want.
The only possible issue is that there would need to be active ATC available, but more and more people are being recruited for ATC so hopefully it might not be much of an issue in the future.
Let me know what you think thanks