Ability to early set speed, VS, and heading

This feature request has to do with allowing you to set speed and heading early and have the aircraft go to that setting instead of you flying to that and then hitting the button.

To setup, user sets the setting using the appropriate button. Next the user holds the button down to lock. The feature to mimic is the auto reply feature. After locking the setting, the user can choose to click the button while in flight to have AP accomplish that task. If the setting is locked it will be highlighted in green. To unlock the users holds the button down again.

A great explanation of its purpose is;

Like a preset , “flight director” type command where the speed, altitude etc. are preset by the user or standardized by type of plane. The user sets XXXX altitude and XXX speed and the plane once airborne meets that condition

This gets us closer to a FD ability.

Thank you,
Adam

Oh wait sorry, I am speaking of setting early and having the aircraft fly to that versus, it setting then you having to set it afterwards.

1 Like

Ah, okay. My mistake. You can do that with the altitude button I believe.

1 Like

Wow, an actually good request, I’m surprised. Haven’t seen one in weeks😮😊

1 Like

Ok, I‘m sorry but I don’t get it. I understand your request that way: In order that someone can set their Speed, V/S or Heading they would have to set the number in the autopilot and then click on the button to activate it? Did I understand that correctly? If so: Isn’t that exactly how it’s already working?

Please correct me if I misunderstood something here.

You would hold it down to lock it in place. then you can just have the aircraft go there. Right now it sets to where you are and then you have to set afterwards. Does that help.

Like a preset, “flight director” type command where the speed, altitude etc. are preset by the user or standardized by type of plane. The user sets XXXX altitude and XXX speed and the plane once airborne meets that condition.

1 Like

You got it

Feel free to copy/paste any part of it you want.

1 Like

Ha now I get it. Tbh, I really thought that it already works that way. I reallz just needed to start IF to figure out that it’s the other way around. I never noticed.

Good idea.