Ability to Choose Between Aircraft and Liveries In-game

So with global’s one year anniversary, it has brought out many airports all around the world with amazing aircrafts with liveries! But what if you want to keep your XP but change your aircraft?

Take this for example, your are landing after a short flight in a Delta A321 from Salt Lake City to Atlanta. You get to your gate in Atlanta, but wish to do a long-haul flight from Atalanta to Paris in a Delta 767-300. If you are like me, you like to get a lot of XP. And sometimes make a mistake in what aircraft you use. It could save time and it could be many flights in one!

So what do you think? I would love t because of its usefulness that it would bring ME, but what about YOU? (I don’t have a picture because I don’t k is how to make one for it; I am out of votes too.)

That would be nice. I presume it would have the same rules as weight and balance?

2 Likes

For that aircraft? If so, then yes. (It would need to recalculate first.)

1 Like

No, I mean the whole “brakes activated on the ground” thing…

The only problem I could see, is people switch aircraft in the middle of taxi or a flight…

2 Likes

Meh It seems nice but I don’t think it’s necessary
I mean if ur that lazy… well ok
Also people can switch during many phases on the ground like taxi

2 Likes

Oh well oof. Then yes. Kinda like how you would refill your fuel on the ground, you would need brakes activated on the tarmac/ramp to use this, although I would prefer a gate as it would look more realistic. (Also hangers would be fine in my case.)

1 Like

Triggered… 😂

But I agree. I like this idea…

1 Like

Here is what I was thinking @Cbro4

2 Likes

Ok, but if I…
am mid-taxi, hit my brakes, change aircraft, and resume taxi…

I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, I just think it will be hard to implement…

1 Like

Great! Also I put the “ramp” option too. ;)

1 Like

Well people do it for weight and balance so it’s kind of unavoidable…

1 Like

Absolutely no purpose to this. Even if you log out and then back on in a new aircraft you still get the same XP. And the purpose of not logging out and on? Solely to get a higher XP count on your flight summary screen or a longer time? Sounds just like wanting more bragging rights. This would add nothing to the app, nor takes away if it isnt added.

1 Like

YES!!! This has happened to me to many times. And I don’t like the fact that I have to end a flight to be able to chose a different aircraft or a different livery. This should definitely be a feature in a future update

1 Like

I like saving my XP. It’s ok if you don’t, but I do.
So why don’t we just despawn back in to refuel? It’s kind of the same purpose if you ask me. :)

1 Like

LiveFlight might have an issue keeping up 🧐

2 Likes

True. As I’m not an expert, I will not give you a “for-sure” guess. What I am thinking is that it could either just keep the data it had, or the person could despawn from LiveFlight so it could reset. (Notice I do not mean that they would despawn from game, just LiveFlight to refresh.

Yeah, this doesn’t make much sense to me. You get XP regardless of what aircraft you choose. Just log out and log back in to switch your aircraft.

Having this feature would just make things a mess and is going in the wrong direction in terms of making the simulator more realistic.

1 Like

Yes I know, but it doesn’t feel like you are getting a lot of XP when you have to do another flight. And if you guys are worried about people acting like they did a long flight, then on the XP screen you get at the end of a flight, it could say “Times Aircraft Changed” or something that could make more sense so you could see if they changed the aircraft.

But you are…? If you get 1200XP for one flight, log out, log back in another plane, then get 800XP for that next flight, it’s still 2000XP if you fly those same continuous legs but without logging out.

Why do you need to see a big number of XP on the flight summary page? 🤔 Your XP is still climbing regardless if it is a big or small number based on one flight at a time or multiple flight legs at one time.

3 Likes