Ability to Change Autothrottle Setting

I’d like it to be in the Autopilot interface. That way you can more than just see it; you can set it.

1 Like

I thought I’d just point it out. It would be nice if we could change it.

2 Likes

Only thing I would say in this is I like that it automatically switches when descending so I don’t overspend.

1 Like

Nah I think that M.8 for instance is waaayyyy overspending in low altitudes. It is always great with options, but this does not work as you plotted it I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Yeah but for 320 at 20,000 feet 0.78 would be okay.

3 Likes

I use InFlight Assistant in combination with Simbrief/FPLtoIF.
You can set speed, Kts/Mach, altitude etc. for your route and also set alerts. Easy to use and adds realism.

InFlight Assistant
FPLtoIF

2 Likes

There’s an interface that shows your Mach speed though right above the small map. Can’t you use that to adjust? @A_Plane_Guy

1 Like

Yes, but I want to be able to ajust my IAS above 280. The game doesn’t allow you to do so.

That doen’t make sense. If so, you would have so many overspeeds. You can’t switch from IAS to Mach at the altitudes you want. There’s a specific transition altitude to switch from IAS to Mach. If you choose to change the value of Mach, you can do it but only over a given altitude (FL). In fact when you’re instructed by ATC to increase or reduce your speed, the controller knows very well when talking about IAS or Mach and it depends “only” on the altitude. Believe me

1 Like

How???

You can in real life. In most, if not all jets, there’s a little button positioned near the autothrottle switch that allows you to switch between setting the autopilot from a mach setting to an IAS setting at will. Someone fact check me on this, but I’m pretty sure there’s no aeronautical rule that prohibits you from using this switch.

What if you want to switch from mach to IAS above the transition altitude (which in this case is FL280)?

That is somewhat irrelevant.

Ok,
I just gave you an information, not an opinion. This is my job, but feel free to think as you believe.
Enjoy your flight )
Good day

3 Likes

Relax @darioalex, there’s no reason to get salty. This is a community that I’m sure allows for opinions to be raised. Comment was a bit extreme

2 Likes

Extreme? I just read the post and I tried to explain in a few words to do a little clarity. Nothing more. And as usual I greeted with education. I am completely relaxed and even more now that I have reread the post. Believe me.
Have a nice Sunday Carolina :)

Is it not a virtual vote eaven if you realy vote? 😂

Can you provide a scenario where this would be used?

This would be helpful since people like me may not know how to convert mach speed into IAS. I mostly just have to keep watching to see what speed is needed.

2 Likes

Change-Over, or Cross-Over altitudes (C/O) vary depending on the aircraft type or the calibrated airspeed (CAS) of an aircraft. For example, a slower aircraft clocking 240kts during a climb would switch to mach reference speeds at a higher altitude, while a faster aircraft clocking 300kts during a climb would switch to mach speeds at a lower altitude.

1 Like

I could use this when climbing past let’s say 23,000 feet up to 30,000 in a A320. I could active Mach 0.78 before getting to 28,000 and be able to leave the aircraft. Not having to have to manually adjust throttle v/s.

nice one. as transition altitude is not always 28000ft.

For some reason it reminds me of the air-clips.com videos