A380 vs. 747

Which do you prefer?

• A380-800
  • 747 Series

0 voters

Act as a passenger in this case.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

i prefer Airbus with safety, but boeing with design

4 Likes

Interesting that you are saying safety for Airbus, some Pilots say that the Air France crash 3 years ago was caused because of Airbus non safety features.

1 Like

I recall seeing a very intresting topic, airbus has “saftey features” like bank angles and climb rates. Then they made a poll which was AS A PILOT would you rather fly on airbus or boeing with these saftey features. Then AS A PASSENGER would you feel safer flying on airbus or beoing. Long story short boeing won

Thought I’d put this out there

3 Likes

Also this one https://youtu.be/5QfK9VhAYJ8p

Knowing that there’s a potential of 10% more power available if needed from the 747-400 Series would be incentive in a choice for safety, however the Airbus Series are the new kid on the block and has yet to have the time in service comparisons for complete analysis!

2 Likes

I’ve flown on both and I would fly on the a380 again any day. (This is just my opinion).

2 Likes

The a380 is a great aircraft. It’s safe, it’s reliable, four rolls Royce Trent engines.
Safety onboard is key and I think Airbus in general has that. There is a problem with Airbus. Pilots are losing their skills. It’s too automated. The autopilot is over abandoned to do all the work. Although the a380 has not yet recorded any incident. I say well done to the airlines flying it.
The Boeing 747-8i wins this argument completely. It simply has no competitor. Those beautiful General Electric engines just edify it.

1 Like

Boeing 747-8i wins this argument completely. It simply has no competitor. Those beautiful General Electric engines just edify it.

I totally disagree with you.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Okay the engines may be a peace of technology. But watch this https://youtu.be/VfomloUg2Gw

No competitor? A380?

1 Like

Ooh this is interesting. Well I will aim my comments at the in production models, the 747-8 and A380-800 only.

Quite frankly they are nice planes to travel on, and nice earners for the airliners who operate them. It’s no coincidence that Lufthansa and Korean Air operate both, they fill a niche each.

For the manufacturers they are an economic disaster, with each struggling to break even and orders far from abundance. The 747-8 might get by with the top up passenger sales and the freighter sales, but the A380 needs upgrading which will cost billions. And when your current model isn’t selling, you need balls of steel to commission an expensive upgrade.

As I said, technological marvels, economic disasters unfortunately.

5 Likes

Well said, my friend

A380 has been good except for the Qantas incident a few years back. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qantas_Flight_32