A380 spoiler lack of detail

This looks very rushed tbh, look at the difference in detail and accuracy between the A380 and A330 spoilers. The A330 spoilers also have a nice slow animation. Is it too much to expect better from this aircraft, especially considering how long the A380 took to build?

iPhone 13

2 Likes

I couldn’t help but notice this either even on landing all of them come out at once even though irl they come out slowly

1 Like

Yes definitely I think they should have spent more time developing the spoilers as when you deploy Speed breaks in the air there is no gap and you can’t tell there deployed it’s really unrealistic like

1 Like

Only if us people did not keep asking “This is taking too long, get it out now” and “when will the update come out”

3 Likes

I’ve asked Jason on Discord why the rear spiral staircase wasn’t included, and apparently there’s way too many polygons so some details have to be omitted.

I can’t help but think that it would be much better to remove those seats and replace them with something more worthy and prominent, like the rear staircase. After all, seats vary from airline to airline, but one thing that’s common across all A380 operators is the rear grand staircase.

3 Likes

There’s a difference between a cabin detail like this and wing details. While flying are you really going to care about a staircase?
Exterior detail should surely be prioritised.

1 Like

One can as easily argue that they look at the interior as much as the exterior. This is what the developers think as well, given the amount of (or lack thereof) details in both interior and exterior. For example, both exterior and interior details have been omitted, which shows that they both have equal weightage in how good a product is.

Anyway, my point here is that the polygon limit for the A380 has already been reached, so the amount of details that can be added has already been maximised.

Yea even after people said that, the development still took a long time…still should have done better

2 Likes

Known issue(s).
Choices had to be made. :)