A380 nosewheel

Hello! A few days ago I was doing SYD - LAX on a QANTAS a380, and I ran into a problem. I was taxiing to the runway with everything filled out and ready to go, when I used the rudder and the nosewheel collapsed. I was wondering if there was a way to yank it back into place, but I didn’t succeed. I had to leave the flight and try it again, where the exact same thing happened. On the third time I finally managed to takeoff. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a bug? Is there some type of rudder tactic to use to help me with this? Is it a weight and balance thing? Let me know.

9 Likes

Clear the scenery cache same thing happened to me when I was doing KLAS-OMAA. I cleared the scenery cache and it worked perfectly.

4 Likes

Yes clear the cache because I was in New York (KLGA) and near runway 22 my E-170 fell into the ground and basically I could fly it but it was under the earth so I was told to clear cache and BOOM, it was fixed, I happily flew to KDCA after that incident! ;)

2 Likes

Great to know.

1 Like

As other people have suggested, try clearing scenery cache first.

However, I believe this was because how heavy you were, as you probably had a lot of fuel. Try lowering your weight, too.

Ok thanks! E

3 Likes

I’ve also had this problem quite a lot. I was flying Sydney - London via Dubai on the Qantas a380 after landing in Dubai my nose wheel collapsed and I never got to finish the flight.

1 Like

How can I clear the scenery cache? Where is that setting?

1 Like

Settings > General > Scroll All the way down

Click “Clear” and then “yes”.

1 Like

Thanks for the swift response! I’ll be sure to try it out!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.