A380 Hard to Land

Device:
Operating system:
Hey
I don’t know if it’s just me or does the a380 rework really suck at slowing down for landings. Thanks

1 Like

Hey there!

The A380 is a very slippery aircraft (like many of the other long haul aircraft) - it’s advised to start slowing down around 15000-17000ft (which works from my experience with the aircraft).

2 Likes

The a380 is a large aircraft which means it has a lot of momentum. This keeps it flying for a while before slowing. I am sure that Benny and Rick has more info than I do.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome back to the community. First I can suggest to take a look at the A380 Profiles Guide for pertinent information.

It is true that it does take a while to slow down but then you will need to slow down earlier. And another good rule of thumb for a more controlled speed reduction is to lower the gear earlier on final.

1 Like

Or use a higher flap setting to cause more drag thus reducing your speed. You also have flight spoilers on almost every aircraft.

1 Like

Like stated above, the A380 can be slippery when not handled with caution and preparation.
Next time you might want to choose your words more carefully though. ;)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.