A380 Fuel Question

Hi guys,

I am planing on doing a long haul tonight from EDDF to KSFO in the Lufthansa A380. It has been quite some time since I flew it last and I can’t remember how much extra fuel the aircraft burns (Since its physics and fuel burn are a little out of wack). The estimated flight time via FPLtoIF is 10h 36m. I like to be relatively realistic with fuel left over at the end. I was hoping some of you expert A380 flyers could let me know how much reserve fuel I should put on. Thanks!

Fly safe!

Little bump…Can anyone help me?

I’d usually just recommend around 2-3 hours of extra fuel, so you can comfortably reach San Francisco.

Also use step-climbing and have fun!

Thank you so much for the help!

Will do!

1 Like

I don’t fly the A388 often, but I do the same thing for most long haul aircraft which is just put in around 2-3 hours of extra fuel which should be more than enough to get you to San Francisco safely.

1 Like

I usually put 4-5 extra hours of fuel when flying quad engine jets. Btw your doing my exact flight at the exact same time.

Ya I noticed that, how cool 😎

Check out http://onlineflightplanner.org/ this website gives you a realistic flight plan and gives you the perfect amount of fuel. It also tells you how much fuel you will burn and how much reserve fuel you need to put in. Also if you are planning to do a long haul from EDDF-KSFO tonight, I was going to do the same thing but with an A340

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.