A380 Engine Discrepancy

Hello! I’ve recently noticed something odd about the A380’s WIP design. I’m not sure if it’s just me who find it an issue, or if any fixes are going to be implemented, so do let me know.

I’ve noticed that the area where the pylons are connected to the engine itself has a steep drop, noticeable in the picture below:

However, if I compare it to the pictures found online, the one in IF does look rather different:

As you can see, the area mentioned looks rather smooth, compared to the one in IF. Recent WIP photos also suggest that the area is modelled with a steep drop. This detail does bother me ever so slightly so I hope it can be addressed, if needed.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but it might be because the a380 has multiple engine options for airlines to pick from, and the WIP shots may have another engine compared to the pictures you found

Hi! I did consider this when posting, and looked up both types of engine available for the A380.

The GP7000:

The RR 900:

As you can see, both of them are smooth!

4 Likes

Interesting. Will probably end up being fixed in beta before we get our hands on it though

2 Likes

Oh please 😂😂😂

1 Like