A380 Cruising Speed

Im currently flying an a380 at FL370. Im currently flying at Mach 0.83. But my throttle is at 97% is their a way to lower that?

5 Likes

So as you lose weight (fuel) the throttle will slowly go down because the thrust that will be needed will not be as much because you lose fuel the Mach speed is normally .85

8 Likes

Basically weight.

4 Likes

If you’re heavy because of fuel, you should try step climbing. Helpful tutorial here: A Guide to Step Climbing

Basically, you start off at a lower altitude (which requires less throttle than higher altitudes), but gradually climb higher and higher throughout the flight as you burn fuel (fuel=weight).

4 Likes

Ok thanks… I will check that once I get further in my flight…

4 Likes

As Zach007 said, it will slowly lower.

3 Likes

Its funny to because my plane was not heavy… It was loaded 100% in fuel but everything else was on zero

3 Likes

Well that can still slow you down because of 100% fuel but yeah once you burn fuel your throttle will decrease for sure and then you can cruise at Mach .85

2 Likes

Ok thank you guys for the support! I appreciate your help

4 Likes

Another thing i don’t know if people have said this or not, the A388 speed is broken, you’ll have it set to .85 and it’ll go .83-84 so just increase the auto throttle to .86/87 and you’ll go .85 it’s not because of weight. The plane is just broken.

Edit: I fly it quite a bit, and no matter how much weight you lose the speed indicator is just off so

3 Likes

Yes. There are a few aircrafts in IF that you find the speed to be inconsistent with the speed you have set.
One possible solution to this is to set your speed higher before you leave your device. Another example of this issue is the B747-400. If you have any further questions about the cruising speed, feel free to ask us!

1 Like

Yeah @Scandanavian54super some aircraft in IF have wing issues that screw up the ratio of lift to drag. You just got to know how to plan ahead for that fuel wise.

@iOS_Aviator With the 747 I have a trick for that for its pitch at cruising alt. Try just leaving 10 degrees of flaps down, it really decreases the amount of power, and the plane will be more level, so the passengers do have to feel like they are climbing a hill when they walk up the plane :)

2 Likes

A380 can cruise at M.89.

That’s it’s max. But nobody drives it car to its max speed, as it’s unsafe, so the A388 flys at .85

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.