A380 autopilot had his own mind?

Dear people,

I was flying an a380 and wanted to descent to 6000feet with a vs of 800, as a result it kept descending more and more until i got overspeed warnings, this got me 2 reports. Anyone know what happened, is vs of 600 too much.

Thanks for your answers

1 Like

Hi, did you have the speed autopilot on?

1 Like

Hi @Pilot_FMS
Your speed in the A380 shouldn’t increase drastically by on 800ft per minute? Can you provide us with a screen recording?

Or the replay…

Yup The speed ap was on

I can but i dont know how to send a screen recording on this forum i only saw you can upload pictures lol

1 Like

For screen recording upload it to YouTube as an unlisted video then post the link, for replay use sharemyinfiniteflight.com.

This is the video i posted on YT, i recommend you to read to description first because all of the context is in there :)

2 Likes

Hey man, i posted this video you can have a look here. I put a lot of info in the description so i recommend to read that first :)

1 Like

It shows that you weren’t at 800VS you were increasing your descent?

No thats the weird thing, i put the ap at 800 vs but the plane dove deeper and deeper, i dont know why. It could be that the ap was on 8000 vs not 800 but idk how i couldnt see that.

This has happened to me in the past, but sometimes when I press on it and drag it continuous to continue to follow with what you originally inputed. If that makes any sense.

Hmmm I don’t understand that to be honest 😅.

You should try and use spoilers to dump some speed

1 Like

I did use flight spoilers, but didnt work enough :(

1 Like

Try Dumping some speed then before you descend and make sure you don’t go further than 1500 vs 👌

1 Like

Yeah true i shouldvs done that, but it still doesnt make sense the autopilot kept descending at a growing angle of attack

1 Like

The F14 also has this problem whereas when you try to descend at a certain Altitude it will keep descending until you eventually crash

1 Like

300kts is waaaay too much speed considering a low altitude descent. There would be definitely no problem when you should be below 250 or less kts.

2 Likes

Its ground speed tho, airspeed was around 250 knots