A350 Windscreen

First off, I’m thoroughly enjoying the A350! I’m so glad that it’s finally been added- thanks for all the hard work!

That said, does the windscreen seem quite large to anyone else? I’ve waited until it’s release to continue this discussion to get the best look possible. The first impressions seem to confirm the hunch I’ve had since images started getting released.

Here’s a comparison:

Again, I’m loving the A350 and am very grateful for its introduction. But this community is known for having discerning eyes and high standards. What are people’s thoughts on this?

3 Likes

Angles my friend. Can be very deceiving. And the distance. And the colours in the cockpit with lighting and everything…

2 Likes

The reason below most likely clarifies and describes why it looks like that:

2 Likes

I personally didn’t notice that, but I’m just happy we have the A350 tbh 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I didn’t take any of these from close up. When you zoom in you preserve the dimensions whereas if you start with the camera close you’ll get distortions.

That’s not what focal length is.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with the windshields? Looks like a beautiful raccoon to me.

3 Likes

Agreed, I believe it’s great, look at the last pair of pics.

I agree it still is beautiful haha. But if you compare it to the one irl it’s too large.

Still don’t see what you’re looking at. Probably not that big of a deal to pick out such a hairline detail.

1 Like

I recommend using the arrow buttons to jump between the images instantly. Then you’ll definitely see what I’m talking about.

It’s the size of the windscreen. It’s significantly larger on the IF A350.

do you mean in length? The two central panels?

No it’s the overall size relative to the rest of the aircraft. Jump between the first two images and you’ll see.

Hmmm. I think you’re right. The two central windows look a little wider.

1 Like

Notice how much closer to the first door the windscreen goes on the IF A350.

yeh they do. Overall i see what you mean @s1b2p5 but it’s just a minuscule detail which doesn’t affect much.

1 Like

Personally dont really mind it, but your observations are correct

1 Like

My main problem with this is that it makes the IF A350 look small. I.e it’s the same effect that Air Canada’s new livery has: If you make the windscreen look too big, it makes the aircraft look smaller.

Thanks, I’m confused by all the people saying they can’t see it. It’s quite overt if you ask me.

2 Likes