A350 - risk of explosion

Let’s hope that everything will go well…

26 Likes

Well that’s one heck of a bug

16 Likes

1433473dcea1e3414717854da553a4e1--airline-humor-aviation-humor-1

38 Likes

Finally, I fell in love with an Airbus (Despite being a serious Boeing fan) and it happens to have a risk of exploding…

7 Likes

Well I hope they get working on that, thankfully none of that had happened…

And folks, that is why we call it a scarebus. On a serious note though, I hope airbus finds this problem and fixes it.

9 Likes

Agree. I still think that A350s (in a very very confidential statement as a Boeing fan) are better looking than 78s.

1 Like

I hope nothing happens.

Thank god they found the bug quickly and before anything happened.

2 Likes

Oh no… They could’ve been bad, so happy they picked it up before anything happened!

4 Likes

I never liked the A350 but I had little hope in it, but the risk of explosion??? It makes the A350 sound like the DH-Comet.

9 Likes

This sounds too similar to the 787 LOL. This time it’s a computer bug. On the 787 it was batteries.

3 Likes

Hopefully will be fixed in the next update? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

15 Likes

Imagine if it did blow up and they had to say in the final report it was a software issue cause the airline had not downloaded the newest version of Airbus OS. This is what this world has come to, I can see hackers taking advantage of this and blowing up an Airbus one day.

8 Likes

Eyy that’s Airbus for ya! "If it ain’t Boeing I ain’t going

4 Likes

How does an Airbus “explode”? Is it an error code or is it fuel related?

The article explains it really well. In a nut shell the hydraulic system over heats that eventually can be hot enough and transfer enough heat to ignite the fuel fumes in the wing fuel tanks.

2 Likes

Yeah I read the article, it’s dangerous, but I’m glad they sent a software fix

So true, Airbus had been relying so much into computers and softwares.

1 Like

This concern has been mentioned in SQTalk in the past. After numerous A350s were grounded due to mechanical problems. As an example, 9V-SMH just entered service for 5 months before being grounded due to mechanical system fault

Also, If some of us noticed, some newer A350s take longer tests lately (9V-SMM as an example, it takes around 6 test flights prior to her delivery. While early A350s only took 3 test flights prior to her delivery). I do hope everything can be sorted out so it won’t endanger passenger lives who take the plane.