A350 30 knot Crosswind Landing

Vietnam A359 landing in a 32 knot crosswind at Melbourne a short while ago. The key to crosswind landings is to get the aircraft down on the runway as soon as possible.

35 Likes

Cool Pictures, I love the Vietnam Airlines Livery! Excellent job for keeping it on the Centerline too!

3 Likes

Nice pictures. I was wondering do you remember what the V/S was for the landing?

1 Like

Looks like your approach was executed very well, nice job!

1 Like

Not too sure mate, as I don’t have IF Operations

1 Like

Cheers mate. I love a good crosswind

1 Like

Thank you!

You don’t need it. You can go to replay and HUD view. Watch right under the altitude monitor. You can see your V/ S there.

I’ll have a look now

1 Like

I love the A350, and this landing must have been tough.

1 Like

That’s a tricky landing, you really did a good job with that!

And now, I shall nominate you to be awarded by @PocketRishi for landing perfectly centerline at YMML.

3 Likes

-235 ish V/S

3 Likes

That is really good for a 30 knot crosswind landing.

4 Likes

Woah that’s an awesome landing! Runway 34 at MEL always poses a challenge which you passed flawlessly

1 Like

Nice, looks like you were about to land on the 1,000 foot markers. Right in the touchdown zone, with those winds that’s a great approach. Nice pics as well!

Cool Pictures!

Nice photos! Nothing better than a crosswind with an A350 in the beautiful Vietnam Airlines livery!

Why is the rudder deflecting left? Surely it would be straight for the approach, and then right rudder to correct for the crosswind on touch-down.

Presuming the crosswind is from the left.

1 Like

I agree with @MaksimFerguson. The rudder should help straighten the plane.

Yes, you would give right rudder, not left. Left in that situation would only make it worse.