A340 diverts to Dublin

So today the 12th of January 2020, I was lucky enough to encounter my first Airbus A340. Lufthansa, heading from San Jose to Frankfurt. But diverted to Dublin for reasons I’m not sure. But I got a few shots of it.

This was a fantastic surprise for me and a very rare aircraft to see at Dublin.

I also got some shots of an Emirates 777 departing.

I hope you like these photos. they may not be the best quality because they were taken at a far distance

Thanks for checking out my photos!!

56 Likes

Wow those Emirates pics are nice!

Thank you!!

1 Like

Nice photos there, especially the Emirates one.

We may never know why the A340 diverted. πŸ€”

Thank you!! I heard that there it diverted for something to do with weather. But I’m not sure

1 Like

I saw that Lufthansa A340 approaching in FR24, I believe this could be either a medical or a mechanical emergency. Nice pictures of the Emirates Boeing 777! One of the best planes in Dublin Airport. πŸ‘Œ

I’ll try look at the logs of the flight, which san jose did it take off from?

Nevermind, found it!

:)

1 Like

Yep that’s it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hey There,

Nice to see the picture. I was on the plane (hell of a flight ;) ). The problem was that due to the wind runway 07 was in use in SJO. Because of obstacle clearance the plane could not take off with the fuel it needed to get to Frankfurt, it stopped in DUB to refuel.

Mark

12 Likes

Thank you for sharing this as it’s kinda been bugging me all week πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ yes I heard there was something to do with the weather. But I wasn’t certain it was true. Suppose it was. That must have been quite annoying for you though

1 Like

That makes a lot of sense! Refuel for half an hour and fly for a few more hours! It happens on British airlines a319’s they land in Dublin from london, refuel and go through customs and land in New York as a domestic flight!

1 Like

They use an A318 :)

3 Likes

And it’s Shannon :)

2 Likes

Those emirates shots are beautiful 😍

1 Like

Thank you!!

Nice pic man a guy in my Facebook group shared this of the diverted A340 the other day.

credit:Glen monk Dublin airport plane spotting

2 Likes

Nice shots

Nice pictures πŸ‘Œ

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like