A333 feels underpowered

I’m flying as edelweiss 18 to san diego in the expert server and the A333 i’m in has felt very underpowered from taxiing to crusing, its extremely slow accelerating for some reason, and just a few days ago I flew as Lufthansa 467 to san diego and that session wasn’t bad at all, plane felt fine… I must be doing something wrong here.

2 Likes

Hey there,

I suggest that you have a look at the topic I will link below as it may answer your problem. There are replies by staff as well.

2 Likes

I’ll admit I left VS on a steep setting and I came back do it doing 210 AS and had to decend in order to get up to M 0.84, but yeah I suppose the plane is underpowered and sensitive, pilot error.

1 Like

A reply by Misha in that topic as well as DeerCrusher explains things like this better

1 Like

Too heavy. Too high

Hi there,
M,80 to M,82 is normal cruise speed for the A333. I have flown it hundred of times and I find it perfect. The best is to check fcom values, such as the max initial altitude you may climb staight away depending on your TOW.
Also, typical climb VS would be between around 3000ft/mnmin or more after take off to around 2000 arround FL2400, down to around 1000 or less past FL 320.
My two cents!

3 Likes

^as mentioned above, M82 is standard cruise speed for the A333. also keep in mind that the A333 is indeed hilariously underpowered, and even more so compared to the B787 family, B777 family, and A359; these latter three are all very powerful aircraft, some might even say overpowered. all true to life :)

1 Like

I would not say hilariously tbh. It seems fine to me and in line with RL.
I’d say that if you reach cruise level in 10 to 14 minutes, you are not flying realistically, eventhough all aircrafts could at full power.

reminds me of this:

3 Likes

I like the gear down!!! This is hilariously serious!

2 Likes

And yes, to get back on topic, the A330 is underpowered. It’s naturally like this. All you can do (as far as I know) is to use a shallower climb rate.

1 Like

As expected the A330 isn’t the greatest climber. She’s a different animal and needs to be treated as such when compared to other airliners.

3 Likes