A330 Truck Tilt Edit

I didn’t know that about the CRJ on IF. Tbh I don’t fly CRJ family very often but that could explain the smooth landing the few times that I have flown a CRJ

1 Like

The gear has nothing to do with how hard your landing is. They just removed G-Forces from the camera, so you no longer “feel” the touchdown. You could put it down at -1000fpm and wouldn’t be able to tell the difference

1 Like

Ohh I see, good to know still. Altho I feel like the CRJ is still very smooth to handle unlike some other aircrafts. Like I said I don’t fly those often but when I do it’s always a great flight and very enjoyable!

2 Likes

What is a truck tilt?

You see how the landing gear is at an angle? That is called truck tilt. If I am right, it is done so the gear can better fit into the belly of the plane.

1 Like

It is retracting, also it has something to do with the behavior of the airplane (as soon on some aircraft where the gear is moved before retracting). For example, on the 77-300ER, the gear actually helps the plane takeoff without tailstriking, by lifting up onto its “toes” once past 5 degrees nose up. The A330 has it (I believe) to also help cope with (stay away from) excess lift from ground effect, as it is extremely effective close to the ground from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

Oh yeah, we forgot one thing, it looks damn cool.

2 Likes

Great edit!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.