A330’s Smoothest Landing Attempt

Hey Guys,
After watching a couple videos of a330’s Smoothest Landings, I wondered if anyone was able to attempt this as well. So far after a couple of shots the smoothest landing I achieved was at a vertical speed of -70 FPM here are some photos…

Thanks,
Hussein

5 Likes

After trying a couple more times… I achieved an astonishing vertical speed of -45 fpm

Anyone Else?

3 Likes

How sim t possible to know your FPM with that feature being disabled?

1 Like

What do you mean dissabled?

You can find it two places…

2 Likes

I got 6 once pre global in a diffrent aircraft…

1 Like

Well the devs apparently removed the FPS live indicator which is now useless since it only gives live readings when in flight an not in replay mode. As for the other one I do not know which you are talking about.

1 Like

Well you can do a screen recording, and you can get it in the bar at the bottom

1 Like

It could happen but it could be incredibly difficult to get the most precise reading.

2 Likes

I don’t know about the A330, but a couple days ago, I landed a Virgin Australia 777-300ER at -20 FPM

3 Likes

If you want a smooth landing, try any 787 variant. Easiest bird to land in IF. I can get better than -50, even with a crosswind.

4 Likes

The a330 is an amazing aircraft to butter.

2 Likes

In real life the thrust reversers the moment they come on the noise is so satisfying

4 Likes

My best is something around -15 to -25.

2 Likes

somehow i got a -2fpm :). just about a week ago at KDCA

2 Likes

@TheInitialVirus , Agreed I would go for the 787 if is was competing in the smoothest landing attempt.

2 Likes

I would personally choose the 717 I’m joking obviously

@Cpt.TC LoL, Do you know how much this aircraft has caused me to abort! 😂😂

3 Likes

The 787 is the smoothest lander in IF for me. I have gotten below -30 fpm several times. The A330 I can not land as smoothly on IF.

2 Likes

The A330 is the plane I fly most often in IF.
It is not easy to say, but my expectation is >90% of all landings are below -75fpm and arround 75% even below -50fpm.
Btw…I never use full flaps during approach. The max. I’m using is: 3. I experienced that it works quite well with 3.
Are you using full flaps or also only 3?

1 Like

@ChrisS I mostly use full flaps but not often as much as 3,