A330 landing gear bug

It goes through the ground also

2 Likes

the gear in infinite flight, as previously stated, has a tilted and a non-tilted state, with no real state in between. this isn’t a bug unfortunately, it’s just the way it is (on every aircraft with gear tilt) it’s just more noticeable on the A333 because it has the most pronounced tilt

my guess is that the devs haven’t yet been able to figure out how to implement collision detection that would allow the gear to interact more realistically wirh the runway

1 Like

Not really a bug, it’s just how it is :)

The further back your device’s processing power goes, the more unreal it’s gonna look.

Thing is, they’ve made a tilting landing gear and tbh it’s only just over a year old and I can only guess future iterations of a tilted gear will improve how a gear reacts with the ground, or in the 330’s case, how “stiff” it is.

I completely agree here.

Just to quote Laura on the landing gear issue here, they know what the issue is, they’re probably working on it for the future.

I’m quite sure the same lines of codes for the 777 were grandfathered into the A330 too along with a few modficiations but no serious changes.

We know about those issues, this requires a bit more of a complex fix to properly handle intricate trailing gears. Philippe has experimented with a few things in parts of Project Metal that could help with this.

27 Likes

Thank you for the confirmation :)

does it work on offline mode?

Thanks so much for replying to my topic. I understand and didn’t know the background and struggles about this. Thanks for telling us and sorry for complaining

Laura, it is possible that the fall off of the gear when landing could be fixed. I mean, in real life the second axis keeps up until the nose starts to go down:

On infinite flight it will fall, which makes look all the butter landings ugly, to be honest. I heard that’s complex to do, but is it possible?

2 Likes

Yes, even with a good amount of flare, landing gear slams on the runway.

Yeah that’s what I’ve noticed. In real life the A330 main landing gear is less senitive at landings…

I mean just look at this landing I did earlier

1 Like

How was that possible? We all tried and it’s very difficult…

1 Like

Maybe this one was a real butter landing, and others some kind of soft landings only. 😉

You started to mention “Project Metal” more often, you guys are working on it so long. Do you hint that “PM” will release this year, for example? Because we have more and more bugs/glitches ect with every new version of IF, we don’t want to tolerate these issues.

Thank you the problem doesn’t bug me and keep up the work

Project Metal is not its own release, per se. It’s the continuous implementation of new code (Metal and Vulkan, respectively) to replace the aging OpenGL ES code.

That said, since Project Metal is an ongoing task, parts of it have made their way into the sim. It’s not noticeable for the most part, however.

Therefore, there cannot be a set release date.

Feel free to check out the following reply from Philippe, as well as the official blog post, for more information:

2 Likes

When I touched I started to pull up more. So I had a +fpm I order to keep it up

I’ve noticed this too, I don’t mind the way the main gear slams down so much as how it sinks into the ground, which ruins the look of landings on replay at least, is it there on live as well? I also haven’t seen this happening on other planes as much as the A330.

Yea it’s also on live

Closing this as solution has been made