A330-900neo takes to the skies!

It seems that the previous A330neo thread has been locked, so here’s a new one to mark the first flight of the A330neo.

source

Slightly past 10AM CET, the A330-900neo took to the skies for the first time. A re-engined A330-300, the improvements include new Rolls-Royce Trent 7000 engines and new winglets.

In my opinion the plane won’t be as big a success for AB as the original one was due to competition from the A359(8?) and the 787 but as a relatively cheap way to get new sales and to draw some away from Boeing, it was a logical decision.

Go see NOW, it’s still in the air! Flightradar24: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map

18 Likes

Which one stays?

But yay new Airbus in the skies!

Same shades as those on the A350. Cool :D

3 Likes

In my opinion, there are few airlines who are interested with A330neo project. As the capacity is almost close to A350-900’s

• As A330-900neo is just slightly smaller and slightly cheaper ($290.6 million) compared to A350-900 ($311.2 million) , The smallest variant of A350 Family

This makes A330neo looks less competitive and attractive compared to her sister’s family (A350).

Anyway, it looks pretty nice. I can’t wait to see Garuda Indonesia’s first A330-900neo in near future 😊

7 Likes

Very impressive Airbus!

2 Likes

You don’t think it’ll be as successful? Lol you don’t know anything about the aviation market do you. Have you not seen the orders placed for the neo version.

1 Like

I call mine, I had the jump by 2 min :P Let the mods decide though!

From the Airbus website, both planes have the same max exit limit capacity of 440. The A339neo has a MZFW of 181t compared to the A359s 192t MZFW, allowing the 359 to lift more payload. However, the 339 has a MTOW of 242t which will be raised to 251t in the future, so if a MZFW increase goes along with that, I can see the cheaper pricing along with the short haul CASM improvements winning airlines over. I do agree that not many airlines will be interested, but as said earlier however, this is just a way for Airbus to sell more A330s and take away sales from the more expensive 787.

3 Likes

Wow, look at those new, bigger engines! The a330 has always been my favourite plane, more than the 787

2 Likes

Yahooo! Love those beastly engines. It’s got those A350 shades and winglets as well… they are a nice touch.

3 Likes

I just think this is a beautiful aircraft, does any one else agree. I love the livery too. So happy that Delta has placed an order for 25 of these!

1 Like

Another picture- this time of the original A330 flight and the neo’s!

source

6 Likes

That looks sweet ride are the rolls Royce on the neo?

Can’t wait to see TAP Portugal livery on it.

Yup - the Trent 7000

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.