A330-300 Yoke Won't Respond

Okay, so the heading says it. I was flying the A330-300, when the yoke stopped responding. I didn’t realize it and almost crashed but escaped by turning autopilot on and off.
Device: I-pad 3, latest iOS version and latest app version
How to Reproduce:
Choose the A330-300, any livery and any area.
(Note: This happens randomly. By the way, I couldn’t find a similar article on this, so if there is one, close this one)

2 Likes

Was autopilot on when the issue occurred?

1 Like

This has happend to me. I’m pretty sure it’s user error rather than a bug, just turn autopilot on and off.

2 Likes

Has it happened to you multiple times?

1 Like

Well the plane has an old flight model…but I have never experienced this.

1 Like

Autopilot was on. When I turned it off, it happened. this happened a couple of times

1 Like

Yes it was, And it has happened a couple of times.

1 Like

I see, is the plane randomly going into a steep dive or do the controls simply become unresponsive?

1 Like

Weird. Some people come across it, some don’t. Why do they work on new planes instead of fixing the ol’ models?

1 Like

I had similar issue. But i believe it was a gyroscope issue within the ipad. I simply restarted the ipad and the gyroscope started working fine. I didn’t turn the autopilot on as this happened just after takeoff so didn’t get time to respond

1 Like

The yoke just gets stuck in whatever position it is in and I can’t tilt in any direction.

1 Like

As @QR01 said, it could be a gyroscope / accelerometer issue.

1 Like

So you tried to manually fly and the yoke was jammed and wouldn’t allow you to pull up correct?

1 Like

You could be right, but such a problem seems too serious for Apple to not fix it.

1 Like

Clarification: I was flying in autopilot. When I deactivated it, the yoke was stuck and I had to do what I said in the first post.

(P.S.: This happened a second time while taxiing)

1 Like

It’s a gyroscope issue you need to restart your device

1 Like

You might be right, but if it was that, it would plague every game. Might be a gyroscope problem caused because of some coding error.

Just asking out of curiosity, do the developers monitor all these conversations? My opinion is no, else they’d fix it, or at least reply (Not like a computer, if they care about our experience) :-) .

I think I know what happened. Just turn the Autopilot on and back off. Works for me.

That’s what I did!