A330-300 Veers of the runway with flaps fully extended

You don’t take off with full flaps…

2 Likes

I’ve been having that issue as well. maybe it’s bc I don’t touch the rudder?

1 Like

But how come on the 2nd try everything goes perfect doing the same thing you’ve done on the 1st try?

Don’t be afraid to use the rudder! When your aircraft veers to the left turn that rudder to the right. Don’t turn it all the way to the right but turn it until your aircraft alligns with the centerline. Secondly, you don’t take off with full flaps. Instead, use flaps 1+F or Flaps 1 for Airbuses. The a330 is an old model that needs to be reworked, so its physics are not 100% realistic.

Sometimes I use zero flaps and full load to do some trolling on the causal server but otherwise it’s never happened to me before. Like most other people on this topic, try setting the weight to light and flaps at 2, and trim 40%. If that doesn’t help try engaging the heading mode on the A/P

Nose down cruising FTW!

2 Likes

Yeah I hate when the nose is pointed down. That’s why I don’t fly Airbuses in IF that much :/

This reply is so good haha. We should have some sorts of official licensing program that makes it so that people actually learn the basics of flying.

1 Like

There’s multiple topics on this, but they’re all under different names with millions of answers so I wouldn’t expect you to find your answer there. It can happen on almost all aircraft, apart from the brand new planes. It’s caused by one or multiple of the following reasons:

1. Old plane (haven’t been reworked. The spitfire, CRJ200 and other older planes have issues with the physics that can cause your plane to veer off the runway on takeoff & landing.

2. Too much weight on the front wheel. Reset your weight to normal, and if you keep veering off the runway, put the front cargo slider to zero. It will release the weight on the front wheel. Generally lightening the entire weight also helps.

3. Not enough rudder. All planes require rudder usage when taking off. In real life, pilots mostly have to use right rudder, due to a number of factors that can turn the plane left (see here). In IF, use it to keep your nose on the centerline. But, make sure you only use a slight amount, as a little goes a long way. Too much will throw your plane the other way.

4. Rotates too late, possibly with too much flaps or wrong settings. Make sure you research the v-speeds for your aircraft! Even better, use a V-Speed calculator to find the exact speeds. Flaps and weight are biggies. Make sure your plane isn’t too heavy and for global, research the required fuel for your flight and only fill that amount in your plane. For Airbuses, you should be using the 1+F setting for takeoff, as that is the correct setting. Flaps 2 is sometimes used, but only on a short runway. For other planes, use Flaps 1 or Flaps 10* respectively. Also, make sure you haven’t accidentally turned on your spoilers as it’ll also force your plane to takeoff later.

The main one is the v-speeds. Make sure you rotate at the correct time!

1 Like