A321 Issues

Hey guys, so I’m flying over the Caribbean in an A321, and a few minutes after my final climb up to FL390, the aircraft started to roll to the left and right, each time getting more severe and rapid. There doesn’t seem to be any harsh turbulence, and by flying the aircraft manually and on heading hold, it doesn’t have an issue. However, on NAV mode, the plane begins to rick side to side vert violently. Does anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it?

3 Likes

You probably climbed straight to 39000. Step climbing should help

2 Likes

No, I went to FL310, climbed to 350 towards the middle of the flight, and then climbed to 390 about 1 hour and 30 minutes away from the destination. Flight was from Kennedy to Barbados.

The A321 is known to have these wacky cruise issues. They should be fixed in a future update as the devs are aware of the issue. For now I recommend descending to an altitude where this issue is not present, or at least not as bad.

1 Like

Hey there @dan1!
Sorry to hear that you are having issues. The A321 historically has had many issues with the AP, so this may fall under that category. Could you possibly provide a video of the happenings? That could help us diagnose and understand the problem.

1 Like

It’s not a issue with the A321 it’s your heavy to go to FL390 your going to have to step climb. You’re going to slow that’s why your going left to right like that.

2 Likes

He did. He initially climbed to 310, midway through up to 350, and 90min till landing 390.

1 Like

I personally actually took this flight some time ago and we eventually went up to 390, I remember. It was weird in that it only started happening maybe like 5-10 minutes after I started the climb that it began to do the roll thing. I began a descent to 370 and it continued it’s thing until it leveled off, when it became normal again. I’m currently still flying, so I can’t provide a video, but it seems like this isn’t an uncommon thing. No pitch variations, only roll.

1 Like

And the winds were not very high, right?

35kt, largely tailwind

1 Like

OK. It will be helpful is you can provide us with a video once your flight is over.
However, I am afraid this sounds like a case of the “A321 bobbing”, which hopefully will be fixed in a future update.

1 Like

Check the wind become you need to lower the altitude because 39,000 ft is high for an a 321 all you have to is lower your altitude to 37,000ft and increase your speed and then check your weight and if you stall then you now your heavy and restart the flight I had the same problem so I understand.

I get that too. Especially on the A350.

1 Like

Yeah I agree

1 Like

Sounds similar to something I had happen today with the 321 over Pakistan

But the A350 does that the moment I turn on autopilot (usually at 5,000ft I turn it on). But that’s for another thread.

Hmmmm I’ve done a flight right after the a350 and I never seen that happened now I am not saying I didn’t believe you I do believe you, I don’t now that happens hmmm

This happened to me on a long haul flight with the A350. I flew from SCEL - EEUU. I think it is because the aircraft was too heavy to reach that high of an altitude, however I waited until only about 30,000 lbs of fuel remained and then climbed to FL420, and it did not roll anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.