A321 Flaps

Is there a reason as to why the A321 doesn’t have the 1+F flaps configuration?

9 Likes

good question

old model, will 100% be added when/if the a320 family gets a rework

5 Likes

Has this been confirmed by any Devs?

Old model I think

Bro “has this been confirmed by any Devs” You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to know that they will update the whole aircraft in a rework and every flap setting will be corrected.

And if you can read what I said “if/when” how is that confirmation in any way?

15 Likes

Just United403 being United403 lol

4 Likes

Im a special one

Broken curiosity at it finest

3 Likes

How very respectful…

5 Likes

Guess what? You’re wrong. Because when they reworked the 777 did they include the flaperon? Nope.

Not everything is 100% going to be changed, before you make claims have some sort of evidence stating that it will be changed if/when the rework happens.

4 Likes

It does

But how it works is the Airbus automatically detects if you are in a take-off or landing configuration, hence no 1+F on the lever so selecting ‘1’ on flaps will automatically include the slats

2 Likes

Oh really, the more you know, so essentially the 1 is actually a 1+F itself. Why is it different in aircraft like the A359 which have it separate?

He was special

2 Likes

Wow this escalated quickly

3 Likes

In real life there r only 4 selectable settings on all of airbus commercial planes (im not sure about the a300 and a310). Flaps 1, 2, 3, and 4/full. Im not sure y they added it but the real plane does not have a “selectable” 1+F setting.

1 Like

I think (correct me if wrong) its just the way the menu is designed, if you check the actual flap lever on an A350 there is no 1+F notch…… maybe its because a full takeoff config isn’t currently simulated in IF

1 Like

Yeah you guys are both right, this is what I found on the web

Looks like it’s all automated for us, surprised I didn’t figure it out with airbus being known for automation lol

2 Likes

Doesn’t have anything with a321 1+F to do with. What a bad example. Look at the a330 and a350 both got 1+F flap setting

3 Likes

what does 1+F even mean? I dont know and didnt ask myself that question until now lol

On the airbus there is four flaps settings: flaps 1, 1+F, 2, 3 and the last one called Flaps full. The flaps 1+F position is when the the wing extend behind, but the flaps 1 settings is the slats one

1 Like